Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skoger

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 5th 2018, 6:45 pm

I made it to the range last Saturday, to shoot the new to me TC Hawkens and a H&A underhammer, both in .50 caliber. The TC was dead on at 25 and 50 left to right, but with the rear sight cranked all the way down, still shot about 11/2 inches high at 25, and about 2.5 inches high at 50, but did wad the group together. The H&A did not have sights, but weaver scoope bases, so I put on a Nikon 2x7 scope I had laying around. I was shooting at some orange stickers, about the size of a penny, and it hit about a bullet hole to the right. I clicked it over, and shot 3 more in the top half of the sticker, a ragged hole at 25 yds with the scope on 5x. I moved to 50yds and shot 3 that took the dot out, with a cloverleaf that had all three shots overlapped a little. My friend who was there cussed and stomped,, stated he could never be that lucky to have 2 ML's shoot that close to zero right out of the gate. I was using 50 grains ofo3fffg, with a 490PRB and  018 thick pillow ticking patches. Just thought I would share with you folks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NWTF Lobo

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2018-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 6th 2018, 8:21 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://shrewbows.com
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 6th 2018, 9:41 am

@NWTF Lobo wrote:
I disagree. He told a story that was easy to understand. 
I have tried a couple of times to post pictures on this site without success. Some of us are more tech savvy than others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 6th 2018, 9:48 am

Seeing that picture once was enough.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 6th 2018, 10:31 am

@OldMtnMan wrote:
Seeing that picture once was enough.
Do agree on that one, but like I said, I'm tech challenged
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NWTF Lobo

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2018-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 6th 2018, 3:22 pm

When it comes to pewters I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...I just get lucky sometimes.

I agree I really don't like that picher I posted....but just sayin, It would be nice to see a picture when yer describing a gun.  Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://shrewbows.com
skoger

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 6th 2018, 4:30 pm

I will try to figure it out and post some pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 7th 2018, 6:15 am

@skoger wrote:
I will try to figure it out and post some pics.

Ron had made a suggestion for a photo site called  imageshack.com  so I tried it and it works great. I had a free trial period so I could see if I liked it or not.  All you do:  Upload your image, select link type = "Forum", select the size - small, medium or large, copy link and paste it on the forum thread.

Semper Fi……..

Last edited by Smokin' Joe on March 7th 2018, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2418
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 7th 2018, 10:14 am

several of us have been using "http://postimages.org", free and easy to use.  :rtup   :tup2

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 7th 2018, 10:20 am

FREE...better yet!!  Very Happy

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15287
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 7th 2018, 10:28 am

Or even easier is using the upload program the forum offers right in the box where we type. Host An Image, click on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador

Number of posts : 5837
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 7th 2018, 12:57 pm

I like the forum's upload program. It's easy once you learn to ignore half the stuff on it.  Wink

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15287
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   March 7th 2018, 1:00 pm

LOL yeah the picture resize option is nice though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!   

Back to top Go down

Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: