Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

ox tail stew

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

ox tail stew Empty
PostSubject: Re: ox tail stew   ox tail stew EmptyMarch 23rd 2018, 2:42 pm

We grew up eating a lot down on the border. My two favorites were in stew and roasted. 

For our stew we roasted it in the oven till tender, then covered with beef broth and added the veggies. Ended up with more flavor in the meat that way.  Roasted we'd get it about 90% of done, just before you could start pulling it off the bone.  Then we'd start basting it with either an enchilada sauce or a salsa depending on our mood.  Keep baking until tender so the salsa/enchilada sauce formed kind of a crust.  Strip it off the bone and roll it hot into fresh homemade tortillas with queso fresca.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

ox tail stew Empty
PostSubject: Re: ox tail stew   ox tail stew EmptyMarch 24th 2018, 7:34 am

I liked ox tail because of the extra beefy flavor it gives to a soup or stew. You can't find it in any of the stores down here .. same with leg of lamb.
It doesn't matter any more that I can't find it 'cause I gave up eating it plus chops, and neck bones after they found out what caused mad cow disease. I bone out my deer when I butcher them too.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down

ox tail stew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: