Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

has anybody tried this for a lube

Go down 
AuthorMessage
strong eagle

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: has anybody tried this for a lube   March 28th 2018, 5:30 pm

a couple of days ago i got 200 45 long colt lead bullets at a good price from wallmart. unlubed. im out of lees alox and i didnt want to use floor wax as its messy and flaky, good lube though. went to the internet and saw alot of youtube videos on home made lubes. am trying one. i filled a quart glass jar with the bullets and sprayed lemon pledge into the bottle, shook them around alot. now i poured them back into the box they came in. they are covered good with wax, drying slowly but they are drying. if it works out, it will be very cheap and possibly a good lube. i always use a 60 thousands poly wad behind the bullet so it never will lead. trailboss is the powder. tell me shooters, ever hear of this and am i on a good path or a bad path?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador

Number of posts : 5836
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   March 28th 2018, 5:59 pm

I think I would have gone with beeswax over Pledge. Pledge may work well, let us know.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   March 28th 2018, 7:58 pm

we will see how long it takes to dry, may or may not work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   March 29th 2018, 5:55 am

they were dry this morning, all set out on a board. going to spray them again lightly. they have a nice even coat of wax and will be perfect for cowboy loads with trail boss and a wad. thank you you tube,and wall mart. my local wall mart has .452 lead bullets 200 grain for a reasonable price in a 200 pk. box. got to get some more. lemon pledge is easy to use and dont cost that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador

Number of posts : 5836
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   March 29th 2018, 7:12 am

@strong eagle wrote:
 my local wall mart has .452 lead bullets 200 grain for a reasonable price in a 200 pk. box.

My local WalMart doesn't have any components except Power Belts, Pyrodex. and Triple Se7en, none of which I use.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   March 29th 2018, 4:07 pm

they even sell rifles here,(modern ones). as long as they stock lead bullets, ill buy them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muznut

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   April 3rd 2018, 8:16 am

I used to lube my rifle brass for sizing with pledge and it worked pretty good, But I'm not sure about bullet lube. I would think the thin coat it leaves plus not designed for high heat and friction that most of it would burn off in a few inches traveling out the barrel. I might be wrong so let us know how it works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   April 3rd 2018, 4:20 pm

you may be right, i dont know, but when i use a 60 thousands thick wad behind my bullets that prevents leading. the only time i had leading many years ago was with a bullet grease grooved lubed and real black powder. when i went to stiff 60 thousands thick wads, no more dirty bores and no leading. ive even shot unlubed round balls and with the thick stiff wad the bore stayed clean and no leading. got to keep the heat off of the bullet and also got to keep the hot gas from gas cutting. some one who i cant remember, taught me that many years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anybody tried this for a lube   

Back to top Go down

has anybody tried this for a lube
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Ammo & Reloading Bench-
Jump to: