Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16228
Registration date : 2008-05-19

is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 2nd 2018, 10:31 pm

A little odd, but the first time I heard this I cried.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg66j0fUbUk
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
heelerau

heelerau

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2018-02-08

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 3rd 2018, 5:41 am

theme song the Good the Bad and the Ugly by Ennio Morricone,the Gael from Last of the Mohicans,  they will play both  at my planting !!

Last edited by heelerau on April 6th 2018, 6:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10258
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 3rd 2018, 6:17 am

Music sparks all kinds of emotions. When I hear the theme from Dances with Wolves I want to go out and kill a bear with a bowie knife. Last of the Mohicans has a similar effect.

Other songs can bring sorrow and even tears. I prefer the music that pumps me up than the ones that make me sad.

A lot of it depends on what mood i'm in when I hear the music. The same song can spark different emotions depending on my mood.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 3rd 2018, 8:45 am

In honor to my friend Tall Soldier. Inspired by the movie Dances with Wolves.

And as they search in vain for the now escaped Lakotas. The eerie silence was interrupted by a piercing haunting howl of a wolf. The proud wolf with his head pointed to the sky and perched fearlessly on the cliffs edge above them. He let another loud and fearsome howl announcing the failure of the Army and Pawnees, to capture the Lakotas and Dances with Wolves. And so ends the tale of Dunbar and his journey with the Lakotas on the frontiers. His heart heavy knows things end will come. An end to the frontier and its mythical mysteries...and the end of the Lakotas proud existence. For it is the rule of a cruel world where all ancient things must end to make way for the new to dominate.

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 3rd 2018, 11:36 am

Well there goes is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  220px-Single_Elmo_%26_Patsy-Grandma_Got_Run_Over_by_a_Reindeer_cover  crap ....

Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 5th 2018, 6:44 am

Brooks and Dunn
 Believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5z-jjWyAJQ

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 5th 2018, 7:46 am

There are so many where do you start ......  

https://www.thetoptens.com/best-songs-make-you-cry/

We're a bunch of weenies or have had a hard loney life ????

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 5th 2018, 7:56 am

Sad, lonely and all that crap will never tear me up. I get emotional when I see brotherhood and bravery.

Back to top Go down
John Neslen

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 5th 2018, 8:53 am

Breakfast in hell.......written and sang by Slaid Cleaves. Listen to it and see if a tear falls.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 5th 2018, 9:07 am

Good one John. I had to listen to it twice while reading the lyrics to get the full feeling.

Back to top Go down
John Neslen

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 5th 2018, 9:12 pm

Below is another good one by Slaid Cleaves. Check the song posted by magpie on youtube it has old pictures that shows what it was like at the time.

John
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1546
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 6th 2018, 5:13 am

Michael Martin Murphy.   I'm Gonna Miss You Girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlEhBcEdYCs
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 6th 2018, 3:07 pm

Oh, my!  I tend to tear up or cry at so many songs I'd never get around to listing them.  Dave Loggins' "Please Come to Boston" is just one of them.  Movies, too.  "The Age of Adaline" and quite a few others get to me.  I'm very tender hearted, I suppose.  Strange, because I don't mind at all - in fact I thoroughly enjoy - causing physical pain in others, slamming them on the mat, locking out joints and so on.  But I can't even think about my deeply mourned "Micky" the basset without crying.  Oh, well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 6th 2018, 6:10 pm

I've never found a need to carry a handgun and i'm still alive. I grew up using my fists. No need to change.

Never found a need to carry backup for bear hunting either.

I don't find the world that scary.

Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 7th 2018, 12:41 pm

Strong eagle, I feel about the same as you on those issues.  Since my hands are affected by painful rheumatoid arthritis my options are rather limited.  Still, I know enough after 57 or more years of training to be a little bit dangerous to an unsuspecting attacker; I look like an easy pushover.

I've trained and promoted a number of women in various martial arts over the decades.  I also have women instructors as good friends from all around the country along with men instructors.  I highly respect each and every one.  One of my best students is a lady in her late 70s who only started at my dojo around 24 years ago.  She earned black belt ranks in several arts from 1st dan up to 4th dan.  She has been teaching judo in Texas and can hurt you real bad.  There are others, of course.  These women are anything but "victims" and will not be abused by any man.  I still teach and train locally at a dojang and love it.  Can't do all that much, any longer, but can do at least a little.  My main goal is to stay as fit as I can.

OldMtnMan, Like you I do not walk around scared; not around where I live nor in the bush.  While deer hunting with a friend - he with a bow and me with my flinter - and sitting on the ground; we watched a very fat bear moseying around near us.  After a while "Mr. Blacky" happened to notice us sitting there.  He turned and started coming in our direction, to say "Howdy", I suppose.  He came pretty close and stood examining us face to face.  I could have easily tossed him an apple.  He, or she, was beautiful and so fat it was difficult to see any legs.  He finally was satisfied and moved on.  But he stayed in view and not very far from us until dark when we went home; still finding food, it appeared.  Now, I love bears and it's always a great treat to see them.  But I feel safer in the woods than I would walking downtown after dark; I just never worry.
Back to top Go down
Roaddog

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2016-10-19

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 8th 2018, 9:01 am

When taps is plade I'll tear up every time.There are a lot of songs that trip that impulse.My granddaughter can get to me real fast,boy can she sing.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 8th 2018, 1:17 pm

There are 3 songs that get to me. 1st one is "I'll Be Seeing You"'. It came out a few years before I was born and think about the thousands of people left behind when the young soldiers went off , maybe to be killed in WW2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Go8Xep9fY

The second one is "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKUP8c0FHE

And the third one is the song sung at my wedding 43 years ago, "Let It Be Me" by the Everly Brothers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvA-STM7oJk

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by patocazador on April 8th 2018, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?    is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?  EmptyApril 8th 2018, 1:18 pm

I had a high stress job for 7 years, once; working for actual morons will do that.  Finally got out of that and was able to settle down.  I'm more my normal self now that it's all behind me.  Being a mellow sort - no, I don't toke - I'm very slow to anger and very quick to forgive.  Part of this is simply due to my general nature and a lot to do with spirituality.  No, I'm not religious, just "spiritual".  Many years ago I became a Buddhist monk, Soto Zen tradition.  I can testify that such a decision is life altering.  But, let's see; always been a bit high anxiety prone, as well as ADD.  Add to that a natural shyness and a dose of social awkwardness; we all remain human after all.   

It just goes to show, IMHO, that all humans are basically nuts!  And I do like dogs better than humans.  I love animals in general and do not eat meat, specifically farm animals raised for slaughter.  Free range game, however, might be an option.   2c
Back to top Go down

is their a song that brings tears to your eyes each time you hear it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: