Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Does anyone have a sure-fire way to get rid of gophers?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

Number of posts : 5788
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Does anyone have a sure-fire way to get rid of gophers?   April 5th 2018, 5:39 pm

I've been having a problem with gophers destroying my garden for two years. I thought I had it solved by disking very deep several times but the sob's are back. My dog tries to dig them out but that just destroys more of the garden.

I need a tested method of killing these bastards.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a sure-fire way to get rid of gophers?   April 5th 2018, 7:22 pm

There is Poison for them.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15125
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a sure-fire way to get rid of gophers?   April 5th 2018, 8:27 pm

Yes I use poison. My dog digs the hole out and I drop in poison pellets, lightly cover it over and the gopher eats the stuff up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
strong eagle

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a sure-fire way to get rid of gophers?   April 6th 2018, 7:21 am

i agree, your likely talking about pocket gophers. skim the mound away until you see the hole. pour poisoned corn in the hole and cover up again. also hook up a hose over your exhaust on your car. put the free end in the hole and run the engine for a while. ive tried to drown them but that dont work so good. their is also a type of trap that is long and slim that fits in the hole that works good also. they are presistant little bastards. just be more presistant.  also their is a fun device called a rodentator  that will give you a laugh a minute but really is the best of them all for getting rid of them. go to you tube and look at it. it pumps a mixture of propane and oxygen into the tunnel and then you push a button and it is ignited  and they are burned alive as well a blown to bits. works on anything that digs holes and lives in the tunnels. if you use your own cutting torch set up be careful when you set it off, use a long stick with a flame on the end of it.  dont be standing over a tunnel, or you will  be doing a fancy dance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a sure-fire way to get rid of gophers?   

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a sure-fire way to get rid of gophers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Food Plots :: Home Grown Gardens-
Jump to: