Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Easy Way to Correct Trigger Creep

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

Number of posts : 5837
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Easy Way to Correct Trigger Creep   May 2nd 2018, 6:47 pm

I've known about this for decades but my mental debility made me forget it until now.

If you have a lever rifle with a trigger that creeps until it fires, there's an easy fix. This only applies to lever guns with an exposed hammer so the Winchester Model 88 and the Savage 99 are out. 

Empty your hammer gun. Get a small piece of tough cardboard like the back piece of a writing tablet. Fold it in half around the side of a wide blade screwdriver to protect the finish on your gun.

Cock the hammer and insert the covered screwdriver under the hammer from the side. While prying up (twisting) on the hammer, pull the trigger. It will be difficult with the pressure on the hammer. After repeating this 2 to 4 times, you should notice a marked decrease in trigger creep plus experience a lighter trigger pull. This is due to the burnishing of the mating surfaces thus eliminating slight irregularities.

I am not a gunsmith but have used this method to greatly improve the trigger pull on both of my Winchester Model 94 rifles.

Do this at your own risk. I take no responsibility for someone goofing up their gun by doing it the wrong way.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Easy Way to Correct Trigger Creep
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Lever Action Guns-
Jump to: