Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Paper Patched Bullets - 395 & 450 grain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15450
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Paper Patched Bullets - 395 & 450 grain   May 7th 2018, 1:18 pm

This time, 395gr Lyman Plains Bullet, Paper Patched. 70gr Pyrodex P, Lubed Wad from 50 yards. These loaded way to easily and after a couple shots, I decided that I may have better accuracy without swabbing to tighten the bullet up a little. Accuracy without swabbing I am extremely happy with!

Make'em Throw Up, 450gr Paper Patched bullet. Again, loaded super easy to the point where I would not be able to hunt with them. 70gr Pyrodex P was a very nice comfortable shooting load. After 3 shots ( these are marked with a RED slash ) I upped it to 80gr Pyrodex P and shot the last 2 bullets. It was a little more recoil, nothing hard on my neck, but the tacking on top of the wrist really grips your thumb and so, that was about the only pain I felt with this bullet/load combo.

Bullet hole in bulls eye was a fouler load with a 12 O clock hold. All other shots were a 6 O clock hold. Accuracy seemed like it was actually improving. I'd sure in hell hate to try 90gr Pyrodex P! I'd have to put a leather glove on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
BigCountry

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Paper Patched Bullets - 395 & 450 grain   May 7th 2018, 1:27 pm

Interesting !!!!! Do yall have to shoot conicals only for hunting out west now ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15450
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Paper Patched Bullets - 395 & 450 grain   May 7th 2018, 1:37 pm

For muzzleloading season and a .50cal its conical only now for elk and moose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
BrownBear

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Paper Patched Bullets - 395 & 450 grain   May 7th 2018, 1:46 pm

You can also tighten those PP bullets up by horsing around with your paper thickness. I'm with you on wanting a tight fit to avoid shifts during carry, but I don't want to be dependent on a fouled bore to achieve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper Patched Bullets - 395 & 450 grain   

Back to top Go down

Paper Patched Bullets - 395 & 450 grain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: