Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Doing away with email news letters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15692
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Doing away with email news letters   May 9th 2018, 7:52 pm

I just noticed this last night, but due to our server package, we now are unable to send news letters with the pictures to click on Evil or Very Mad They took that away from us and in order to use it, it would add another $30 to the overall package I currently am paying for.

Not sure what is up with the place, but they are nickel and diming us badly.

I really liked offering a news letter now and then with the easy to click picture link, but that will have to come to an end as the cost just is not worth it.

In a pinch, I can still send news letters with just some writing and links, but this would be for important notices only.

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
stoney1
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Doing away with email news letters   May 12th 2018, 10:00 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
I just noticed this last night, but due to our server package, we now are unable to send news letters with the pictures to click on Evil or Very Mad They took that away from us and in order to use it, it would add another $30 to the overall package I currently am paying for.

Not sure what is up with the place, but they are nickel and diming us badly.

I really liked offering a news letter now and then with the easy to click picture link, but that will have to come to an end as the cost just is not worth it.

In a pinch, I can still send news letters with just some writing and links, but this would be for important notices only.

Jonathan
Frontier Gander
I'm saddened about the newsletter issue, but, as owner of the FML website, you're well within your rights to stop it due to the added cost. No one, other than you is contributing funds to maintain this site? I will miss the news letters, but, I'll get over it. The website, it's members, and the administers have been very good to me, and for that, I thank you. I'll take whatever correspondences I get from you. Thanks buddy.
God bless:
Stoney

FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15692
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Doing away with email news letters   May 12th 2018, 11:57 am

That is correct Stoney. Besides donations that come in now and then, I am paying the bills and right now, it's getting a bit out of hand for running costs. The news letters were a nice way to show new stuff,especially in the classifieds, but I think it will be just fine without the news letter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2950
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Doing away with email news letters   May 17th 2018, 11:42 am

Jon aren't the business's that advertise here helping to offset costs, that's the least they could do. Any help is better than none. When I was running the AMM Auction and its website to pay off a $200K debt on their land in White Water CO, we would get donations from the different advertisers in our magazine to help with costs for the auction website.  :tup2

Oh, bye the way, we paid that debt off in less than a year which amazed everyone including myself.

PostSubject: Re: Doing away with email news letters   

Back to top Go down

Doing away with email news letters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Announcements & Events :: Announcements & Current Events-
Jump to: