Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6

Go down 
AuthorMessage
muzzlestuffer

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-01-18

PostSubject: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 23rd 2018, 4:26 pm

Recent purchased a original grrw trade rifle made by blue jacket in 1974 #6 That he built and factory engraved. Gun is in 95 percent condition a few dings here and there bore I super shiny with no pitting or rust. All parts on gun stamped with the #6 including lock internals. This has been verified and all aspects are in the factory log book including engraving which I understand may be the only one engraved at the factory? You can see pics on modern muzzleloader as I can't upload pics here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 24th 2018, 11:45 am

Sounds like a winner!  Get somebody to post them for you; because if there's no photo posted, then it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.martialartsusa.com
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 24th 2018, 2:34 pm

@Hanshi wrote:
Sounds like a winner!  Get somebody to post them for you; because if there's no photo posted, then it didn't happen.
They are right where he said they are.
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32012
I sympathize with the difficulty, for some of us anyway, with posting pictures here. I spent around an hour trying to do it one day and finally gave up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 24th 2018, 3:52 pm

Very fine looking rifle.  Treasure it and it will be a loyal companion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.martialartsusa.com
muzzlestuffer

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 24th 2018, 4:42 pm

@Randy Johnson wrote:
@Hanshi wrote:
They are right where he said they are.
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32012
I sympathize with the difficulty, for some of us anyway, with posting pictures here. I spent around an hour trying to do it one day and finally gave up.
Thanks for doing that I appreciate it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzzlestuffer

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 24th 2018, 4:44 pm

@Hanshi wrote:
Very fine looking rifle.  Treasure it and it will be a loyal companion.
Yes thank you I will ! I was offered double what I paid for it and I said no thank you. Someday when I can't pull the hammer back anymore I'll sell all my rifles and guns but I hope it's not for a long while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzzlestuffer

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 24th 2018, 5:05 pm

It's kind of ironic that when I had my trapper pistol (tp-01) built by Ron paull a couple years back I was ridiculed by someone "he knows who he is" that it was too fancy and grrw would have never done anything like that at the factory well this rifle proves he doesn't know as much as he thought about grrw. It's also kind of odd that no pictures of my grrw(ca) guns aren't shown on this forum when your trying to promote a organization and ron paull built two of the most  georgous guns for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    May 24th 2018, 6:15 pm

What I said and agreed to by Doc White was correct. GRRW didn't produce Trapper Pistols like yours Lou and built very few of them as they were not very popular back when GRRW was in business. The kits offered sold more than completed guns. Ron Paull built more pistols than any and they were far and few with one being traded for the delivery of his daughter to Doc. Sanders built one or two per Carl Walker and that's about it for the pistols. Most have been accounted for and from the ones I have seen were standard models like seen in the ads.

Most of the fancy guns produced were by either Blue Jacket and a few by Ron at GRRW in the day. Carl said Doc, Blue and Ron were the only ones that could do engraving. Making fancy guns and building standard ones are two different things in gun building like car building. Most want the fancy stuff until they hear the price, then go with the standard item. You went the other direction with your builds, going for the fancy guns by a top of the line smith which just added to your investment. 

What I can say about your purchases is, you got premo guns by a premo builder and should show them as much as possible to let others see these fine weapons.

These are the ones most popular.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6    

Back to top Go down

Grrw Blue jacket Indian trade .54 cal rifle #6
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: