Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Ignition Issues

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyde

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Ignition Issues Empty
PostSubject: Ignition Issues   Ignition Issues EmptyMay 28th 2018, 5:26 pm

Has anybody used the PR Bullet new Large Vari Flame device the one that uses large rifle primers?  I had my Rossi out the other day trying to find a light sabot/ bullet load and I noticed a couple of things.  1.  I really really hate FFFG 777, but I am having issues getting BH 209 I hate paying the damn hazmat fee and I keep waiting for Cabela's  to stock some.  Anyway I havee the small vari flame  device and it really cut down on the fouling and after chucking the idea of a light combo and going back to my 400 gr Platinum tips and shot a 1 inch and 1.5 group I ran out of them and sustituted the Winchester 777 primers boy did the fouling go up and the accuracy went south.  I have read that this Large system will ignite BH 209, ( which after this experience I've had enough of 777) so does anybody have any experience with this system ?

Also I ordered some 460 gr conicals sized .504  from what I've read here they seem pretty popular in the western states but truth to be told I wish PR still made his 390 gr Colorado Conicals they were some fine shooting bullets.
Back to top Go down

Ignition Issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: