Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU Empty
PostSubject: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJune 18th 2018, 8:58 am

NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU Img2

Hey members (males and females),

Jonathan and myself are running out of subjects to provide you with and a good safe place to hangout at. 

Your input would really help keep this form going and growing (think we are running out of "Topic" lines). If you have something you want to know, have an idea, or have a question, I'm sure we can help you get the correct answer your looking for.   study

Help us grow bigger than we are, I'm sure there's unanswered questions, subjects your interested in and would like to share. Jonathan is always open for suggestions on different subject headers as we have all seen grown over the years.  Smile

Let's put our old gray matter to work and come up with different ideas to kick around.    Shocked 

Thank you folks for your time, we'll talk later as we need to answer your ideas. Buck and Jonathan.  :rtup

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJune 18th 2018, 9:16 am

I'm searching for "Subject Categories" we have for resources, modern and period articles, links, and information that would be helpful for you folks to use. 
NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU Waugh

CURRENT SUBJECT DEPARTMENTS (maybe we need to rethink these, try and group Topics Headers under the same Subject Title)?

What are we missing?  scratch    study

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJune 19th 2018, 1:01 pm

Sports, religion and political remarks are good for big time problems with folks getting upset with each other, that's a NO.   :tdown2   Doh

Back to top Go down
russell shaffer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-02-05

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJune 19th 2018, 2:32 pm

Been a lot of wars fought over religion and politics.  Don't know about the sports angle but this isn't a football forum is it?
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJune 19th 2018, 3:37 pm

If you have ever lived in one of the major sports teams cities: football, baseball, hockey or basketball and make an off the walk remarks about one of their teams. 
"Cadee bar the door", you just started a war.   affraid

I lived in Philadelphia, St. Louis and Denver, I'm sure others have experienced the same.   headslap   :Bat   :scucks  No

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16228
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJune 20th 2018, 2:47 pm

Strong Eagle, at one point I did a lot of work on the CVA guns, so I can see where you think this site is all about CVA.

This site actually started up as a hang out for Powerbelt shooters. I got sick and tired of the guys that used these bullets from getting harassed by other folks on the other forums, So I started my own forum as a safe hang out where people shooting cva and powerbelts had a laid back place to chat without being constantly attacked and called stupid for shooting this or that.

Over the past year, maybe 2 years, the forum has shifted huge over to traditional muzzleloading. Guys that were shooting inlines, then started coming over here saying.... hey... I just picked up this sidelock, how do I shoot it? What do I need? It was a huge welcoming in my eyes! I love traditional muzzleloading and the more we have, the better we are off on this site.

I used to shoot the living hell out of inlines but after a while, I lost interest as it got boring and quite frankly, a plain piece of beechwood on my traditions sidelock is still prettier than camo plastic. Laughing

There are no paid advertisers on this site currently. I have many favorites places I shop and have dealt with, so I run ads for our members to go to and buy from. Muzzle-Loaders.com for example I love as they have an educated customer service and will back up the product they sell you, should there be an issue. I have even discussed with them, in the past, about offering a 10% discount to our members here.

Its been a long while since our last Modern Muzzleloader post on here, which IMO, I wish we would see more of. But if they've switched to traditional muzzleloader.... Hey, I will take that!

Respond to questions when you feel you can be helpful and offer something more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJune 30th 2018, 7:53 pm

I looked around at some forums and sites that list topics that may be of interest to people on Frontier Muzzleloading. Here is the list:

Stories and Tall Tales

Humor

Gunsmithing Muzzleloaders

Solving Problems with Muzzleloaders

Period Dressing for Muzzleloading Activities – Help and Discussions

Powder Horns – Photos, Use and Building

Muzzleloading Shows and Rendezvous (We do have an “Announcement and Events” section that includes this topic)

Historical Articles and Discussion

Muzzleloader and Black Powder Books

Recommended Links

Charts and References

Tutorials

Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 1st 2018, 9:03 am

@strong eagle wrote:
..... now for what the image of this site is. its all about cva guns.

if your not into cva guns than input doesnt go anywheres here at all. ....

i dont know if cva pays this site to push cva products or not. ...

all that is encouraged here is 1/28 twist cva or 1/48 twist cva. if any one wants to really learn exteme accuracy out ....

Everything you have mentioned from what is shown is wrong. Just about every manufacturer out there for muzzleloader (traditional and in-line) has had discussions on their wares. You want to talk about being one sided, your remarks on this one strong eagle was just that.

Jonathan explained that very clearly in his remark.

Ron C you have some interesting subject titles that need to be considered over some we have now. Maybe a little moving around on some items to make finding a talked about subject a little easier. I know when you write something then want to go back to add additional thoughts, I find myself spending a lot of time trying to find what I wrote a few day earlier?

Strong Eagle, Jonathan, RonC thank you guys and eveyone for your input (you guys really help to keep things moving in an orderly direction).   :rtup

Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 1st 2018, 11:58 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
...quite frankly, a plain piece of beechwood on my traditions sidelock is still prettier than camo plastic. Laughing

This captures what I think. And, I would add, the feel of wood and metal beats the dickens out of the poly-poly-I-wanna-really-shoot-a-tactical-black ops gun every time. Wink

Strongeagle, I was a little surprised at the CVA opinion, but I guess it depends on which portions of this site you read. I thought it was the GRRW & GRRW CA show. 
jocolorjocolorjocolor 

Seriously, I have written about 15 rifles, shotguns, and pistols here in the last couple of years. They were Colt, Remington, CVA, GRRW CA, Hatfield, Enfield, Mosin Nagant, Browning, Huntsman, Sig, Glock, Garand, & Pendersoli. I wrote about what I was using at the time or what I thought others might be interested in. If I wrote about one gun more than any other, it was likely the GRRW CA or the Browning. 348 lever action. I had not noticed a 'lean' toward any one brand. We are pretty greedy and get drooling about a lot of different guns.

I like to read about what folks are doing. Events, builds, travel, places, people-actually hunting and fishing and using stuff.

What I have valued about this place is that it reminds me of the local barbershop my Dad used to take me to as a kid. There would be a bunch of hunting and fishing magazines everywhere. The shop was full of guys swapping stories and advice. The barber had a couple of standing gun cases in the back and he would sell them to his customers. YOU COULD ASK ABOUT ANYTHING... and people who knew (or, thought they did) would chime right in and folks would hash it out. Oh, yeah... and, you got a hair cut, too. 

Here, I have found a couple of mentors and can always ask. I find that really valuable. Me, I try to provide the occasional entertainment. ( :

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA

Last edited by Kentucky Colonel on July 1st 2018, 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 1st 2018, 12:36 pm

I shoot only traditional black powder firearms and this site has been a Cornucopia of help and ideas for me.
I never have fired an inline rifle. That doesn't make me better than anyone else. I count on genetics to do that. Very Happy (Okay, that is meant to be a joke!)
Like the Colonel, I have found Mentors here. Here is one of my Mentors:
NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU Minota10

Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 1st 2018, 3:23 pm

@RonC wrote:
 I have found Mentors here. Here is one of my Mentors:

NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU Minota10

Ron

WOW 'It's one of the "Strong Bull Clan".....   :Hide  they are the baddest, look how he can turn his left hand ....  That's like saying "Come and get some".

Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 1st 2018, 6:21 pm

And... Some of them Mentor/Minotaurs are sometimes full of bull. Rolling Eyes But, they are not generally dull. Cool
As they say, "In my family, we don't hide crazy. We sit it out on the front porch and serve it a lemonade.Very Happy

My next venture is likely to involve a replacement lock for my (Sorry, Strongeagle) 30 year old CVA, making my first knife, or making my first possibles bag (I have not forgotten BrownBear!). I will likely write about one of these when that happens. Life is keeping me hopping so I don't know when that will be. 

OH! I will be running my first Spartan Run in a few weeks at Ft. Knox. This is a marathon with obstacles; rope climbs, walls, spear tosses, fire hurdles, etc. I have dropped 30 lbs and 6-7 inches at my waist. I'm still fat and ugly, but I have been cycling hundreds of miles and training. I don't know how I will do. I have never run any kind of marathon. (Yes. I am asking for prayers.) Is this an adventure you would like to hear about? I may fail.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 1st 2018, 7:22 pm

I wish you the best on your "Run." Looks challenging.
You have my respect for your dramatic improvement. In fact, I am envious of your progress. Although I exercise regularly, my cardio conditioning still lags and my struggle with excess weight is still a ...struggle.
Ron

Back to top Go down
heelerau

heelerau

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2018-02-08

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 3:45 am

Personally politics and religion would be poison and would open an ugly can of worms. Plenty of other sites to discuss those subjects. 
     I like the laid back and the occasional off colour remarks.  You seem to have a good coverage of subjects here as it is. 

Cheers 

Gordon

Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 3:40 pm

@strong eagle wrote:
you nailed it, dont feel like big brother or some one like that is watching me here. thanks

Isn't that the truth. I have the NSA watch dogs about a 1/2 mile from my house (guarded 7 X 24), they have Camp Williams National Guard across the street (cannon boys) and now building a very large building that's going to house the CIA - all of them together with in a rock throw ....

Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 4:39 pm

NSA, CIA, National Guard - maybe they are trying to tell you something, Buck. Very Happy

I am on a forum for another hobby. Every time politics or religion comes up in a thread, the posts become argumentative, contentious, confrontational and ultimately the thread explodes. Every time! Each poster's opinion becomes the only correct opinion, at least to the purveyor of that opinion.

Minds clam shut tighter than a gun safe's door. Arguments turn into bumper sticker slogans. Then the moderator terminates the thread.

Let's just stick to discussions about serious life issues like whether Hanes or Fruit-of-the-Loom boxer briefs are better.
Ron

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 5:34 pm

@RonC wrote:
Let's just stick to discussions about serious life issues like whether Hanes or Fruit-of-the-Loom boxer briefs are better.
Ron

Hmmm, that could be a sticky subject if Pete was here, probably never heard of either one...  lol!

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 5:38 pm

Yeah never any politics or religion on here folks! I dont even like talking about that in person. Just causes way to many issues. Hell, you see who folks get just talking about guns, primers and powder. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 5:56 pm

Reflecting my own uses against that department list, I find one big glaring hole.  It's covered here and there on individual topics within some of the departments, but what about a department devoted to HUNTING WITH TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADERS?  I'd subdivide it into big game, small game, shotgunning/birds if you thought it would help.  Truth be told I fire about 300 shots at small game or birds for every round fired at big game, though I suspect most of the yack is going to be about big game.

Another good department would be PLINKING OR FIELD SHOOTING WITH TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADERS.  Most yack is about shooting on the range, but what about getting out in the hills away from the range for some serious fun.  In my old archery days we called it "roving," just wandering around picking targets of opportunity.  Best shooting practice ever for hunting with a bow, and the same is true with a muzzleloader.  Can't tell you how many rocks and pebbles I've blown up in creek beds, ice chunks and snowballs in winter, or clam shells on our deserted beaches.  Sure is fun, and fun enough to chase me off any formal range.  I'm real curious what others are doing for fun, and I'm always looking for new ideas.  Anyone ever launch boats (sticks) in a river and shoot at them with your shore battery (rifles)? Buds and I do it all the time, with "hits" being shots that launch the sticks into the air, but extra bragging rights when two pieces of stick go up on top of a cloud of spray. Dat kinda stuff.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 6:29 pm

A lot of these are good ideas but most of the forum covers these areas. The hunting lodge for an example can be used for off topics, including trips to the range or hunting with traditional muzzleloaders. In fact, I have always encouraged folks to post in the hunting lodge with their hunting stories as its easier to find them in here than in the traditional muzzleloading area. Now I can add some of these, but if they do not get used often enough, I usually end up moving them somewhere else and delete that certain area.

Plinking, field shooting, that can go into the shooting range or even the hunting lodge. If its placed in an area that it should not be in, its easy enough for the mods or myself to move it to the correct area and not a hassle.

Never did any shooting into water. Any water around here I don't feel safe enough doing with all the people plus I was taught to not shoot at or into water. Heck, I gave up shootin song birds years ago to lol. I was hell on wheels when a BB gun in hand during those days.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU   NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 7:58 pm

@RonC wrote:

Ron
Come on Ron you know that its only the no bull and Duluth Trading buck naked underwear thats the best.Besides nobody wants to see that butt crack.   Exclamation

cheers

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down

NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU