Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1546
Registration date : 2012-05-28

90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season Empty
PostSubject: 90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season   90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season EmptyJuly 15th 2018, 12:43 pm

Fort Sill conventional muzzleloader deer season will open on/about 15 October. 

Got a new (to me) .50 barrel for my New Englander.   First  New Englander barrel i ever seen with good sights.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season   90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season EmptyJuly 16th 2018, 6:40 pm

What was wrong with your .54 cal.?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

PostSubject: Re: 90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season   90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season EmptyJuly 17th 2018, 9:16 am

Quote :
What was wrong with your .54 cal.?

Nothing.   The sights leave something to be desired but i may very well hunt with that rifle.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16225
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: 90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season   90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season EmptyJuly 17th 2018, 9:19 am

sounds like a fun hunt! Should be able to put your sights on something with the base killing off the hogs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season   90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season EmptyJuly 17th 2018, 2:20 pm

If your looking for a fun hunt with a bunch that really have a good time. Check out Fort Robinson State Park in NE.

http://outdoornebraska.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018-Mule-Deer-Trip-Planners-2.pdf

Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

PostSubject: Re: 90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season   90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season EmptyJuly 19th 2018, 7:16 am

Quote :
Should be able to put your sights on something with the base killing off the hogs.

There are still hogs in some areas, not nearly as many as previously. 

BTW:  i recently talked with a shooter who has killed thousands of hogs from helicopters.   He says  hogs in some areas are wising up, holding tight in swamps and thickets and refusing to run when helos come over.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season   90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season EmptyJuly 23rd 2018, 9:57 am

@falcon wrote:
Quote :
He says  hogs in some areas are wising up, holding tight in swamps and thickets and refusing to run when helos come over.

Hogs are smart .. kinda like coyotes. 
I had a pet pig that slept on the Welcome mat outside of the front door. He would come just by calling and I taught him to roll over too. When he got to about 350 lbs., he was big enough to ride. I'd straddle him and then sit down and hold tight with my legs. He'd spin to throw me off .. which he always did.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down

90+ Days To Fort Sill Muzzleloader Deer Season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: