Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

riding mower

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-15, 14:24

:rtup that will ease your work load so much!

Have all 3 here. Riding, push mower and a walk behind mower. Certain places around here need one or the other.

Did you ask her if it has a beer holder?
Back to top Go down
Rick N Bama

Rick N Bama

Male Number of posts : 95
Location : North Alabama smack dab in the heart of Tornado Alley!
Registration date : 2017-11-23

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-16, 18:46

There's no way I could ever get my lawn mowed with a walk behind although I do have one for trimming.  The main mowing is done with a 48" Zero Turn
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-17, 14:47

just make sure you spray out the mower deck after each use. Keeps it from gumming up over time with grasses and all that other gunk.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-17, 17:45

@FrontierGander wrote:
just make sure you spray out the mower deck after each use. Keeps it from gumming up over time with grasses and all that other gunk.

By keeping them clean (under the deck and the whole machine) you can increase the life of your machine.  

I have an old 4 blade push mower used at the Philadelphia Museum of Fine Art that dates back according to stamping on side plates and its serial number to 1861. This push mower is in excellent condition with correct paint color. In its day it was a high dollar unit - sold for $7.79 in 1870. We have turned down $950.00 for it a few years ago, told the distributor when he gets to $1,200 we'll talk.

riding mower 2Q==

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-18, 08:10

My grand parents lived on 1.500 acre farm near Penn State PA, their crews had a really good deal, feed  three meals a day fit for a king with all the fixing, plus rooms in the hired man's quarters. This was  usually a 10-12 man crew going from one farm to the next one each year. These crews would appear several times a season whenever the hay was ready to be cut (4) cuttings, fruit to be picked or plowing was needed (regular routine year to year).

Back to top Go down
Rick N Bama

Rick N Bama

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-18, 19:06

Strong Eagle, tell us more about your new toy, I mean mower.  What make it is, HP, cutting width, etc.   Steering wheel or Zero Turn?  I used a Cub Cadet steering wheel type until I developed a neck and shoulder problem.  My son in law sells Kubota so he bought the Cub from me to use at the lake and gave me a whale of a deal on the Kubota Kommander.  I had to mortgage my wife & first born to get it, but at least my neck and shoulder don't hurt after I finish mowing.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-19, 07:28

The mowers today and their motors have really improved. Briggs, Clinton, Power Products, LawnBoy and so on. The (4 cycle) used the spoon splash oiling systems while the (2 cycle) mixed the oil and gas.  Like the auto industry and how Honda got involved with their cars have now added to their sales with cycles and now outdoor power equipment (Honda small motors being offered on just about everything). When getting involved in the small engine business (improving their design ever few years), while the old stand-bye Briggs and a few others are still using the "spoon splash oiling system" that's decades old. Honda has gone a direction like the auto industry with an oil pump system, which has improved the running in different temps. and adding longer life to their motors. The mower manufacturers now offer Briggs and a few brands and Honda motors on their equipment. Interesting.

Back to top Go down
Rick N Bama

Rick N Bama

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-19, 07:47

@strong eagle wrote:
42 width cut, 18 and a 1/2 horse power. every thing is easy to adjust. got so much power that you have to be careful when you take off as its like a drag racer. on sale at sears for about 1500 dollars and during the winter when not on sale 2000. its all i need and more. man oh man is it going to save where and tear on my old body. their comes a time in every mans life that he has to admit he cant do it all like he used to. this summer was my admitting that. its a husquvarna, i think thats how you spell it. has a briggs and straten motor. i will take care of it and it will last. the blade raises and lowers very easy and it will really cut close if you want. from now on the huge yard i have will always be cut on time.
That mower is sold locally at Lowe's and a couple other places that I'm aware of.  My running buddy bought one a couple months ago and really likes it so far.  His replaced an 18yo JD with a worn out deck.  My CC had an 18HP(?) Briggs Vanguard that never me any trouble except that I did have replace a Stator on it when it was about 5 years old.  The mower & engine are still going strong at the lake house and if I'm not bad wrong it's around 16 years old.
Back to top Go down
mushka

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2018-07-09

riding mower Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding mower   riding mower Empty2018-07-24, 12:08

I have had a riding mower, actually wore one out, for the last 20 years.  Without it the job just wouldn't get done.  Got about an acre to cut and a pusher, or even one that moves itself just doesn't cut it.  Glad you finally got something to make your life a lot easier.
Back to top Go down

riding mower
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: