Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

CVA Wolf Scope package

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Montelious

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-07-30

CVA Wolf Scope package Empty
PostSubject: CVA Wolf Scope package   CVA Wolf Scope package EmptyJuly 30th 2018, 12:18 pm

Have never shot a muzzleloading rifle in my life.  65 yrs.. I have several BP reproduction revolvers which I do shoot. My state has a separate muzzleloading Deer season, and since I have regained enough health to do it again, I want to extend my hunting time as much as possible. I have decided on an inline, as I think I could operate it a lot better than conventional muzzleloaders because of the pellets and the projectiles taking into consideration my disabilities.. My question to you is, would the CVA Wolf Magnum break action be a good choice for me? I'm old and don't anticipate a long hunting career, plus I want to be as economical as possible. How is the accuracy of these weapons at say 100 yards or less? I plan on using Pyrodex and the belted .50 caliber projectiles. Any comments, good or not so good, are appreciated..thanks
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16164
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Scope package   CVA Wolf Scope package EmptyJuly 30th 2018, 1:20 pm

The wolf is a great muzzle loader. I personally would replace the factory scope, They are decent buta nikon is a  huge upgrade.

Last edited by FrontierGander on August 10th 2018, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10223
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Scope package   CVA Wolf Scope package EmptyJuly 30th 2018, 2:33 pm

You might want to skip the package deal and just buy the gun. The Konus scope that comes in the package only has 3" of eye relief. That's not enough for a muzzleloader.

They make scopes made for muzzleloaders that have a lot of eye relief. You'll be better off.

The Wolf is very accurate and will shoot MOA at 100yds with the right load.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
muzzle-loader

muzzle-loader

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Scope package   CVA Wolf Scope package EmptyAugust 10th 2018, 11:18 am

I'll agree with the previous two posters and say that the Nikon muzzleloader scopes are definitely a huge upgrade in quality for very little money. I will say that I've done a fair amount of shooting with the Wolf and Konus combo, and eye relief has never been an issue, but the additional eye relief in the Nikon makes you feel a little more comfortable. 

Just last month, Nikon updated their Inline XR and released the 'P3 Muzzleloader'. We are currently running a sale on the remaining Inline XR's, which are at a great deal, just for what that's worth. The P3 has the same glass, but some updated features that are mostly cosmetic.

CVA Wolf Scope package Logo15
Back to top Go down
http://www.muzzle-loaders.com
PaperPunch1

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2018-08-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Scope package   CVA Wolf Scope package EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 11:29 am

I have a wolf .50 and it shoots good with several different loads. That said I like a scope for hunting the PA Rifle season, so the most important thing for ME is assuring my scope has a SHORT PARALLAX from the factory, OR....an adjustable parallax so the point of impact doesn't shift with different eye position.
I use air rifle scopes because they are usually AO and can be adjusted easily, and most have a 10-15 yard parallax setting (minimum).
At distances out past 50 yards or so, most any scope will be "ok" but for most of my hunting here in PA, I prefer having the confidence that a short range parallax brings to the table.
Back to top Go down

CVA Wolf Scope package
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: