Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

what they did 30 years ago, does it work.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hanshi

Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2015-01-21

what they did 30 years ago, does it work.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what they did 30 years ago, does it work.    what they did 30 years ago, does it work.  - Page 2 Empty2018-08-29, 14:28

If you watch one of the old "Star Trek" episodes - the one in which the Klingons furnished flintlock muskets to a tribe of people on a planet - you'll see that Kirk told Scotty to manufacture muskets for the opposing side.  This was an earlier episode in which Spock was shot by a musket.  It's all made clear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: what they did 30 years ago, does it work.    what they did 30 years ago, does it work.  - Page 2 Empty2018-08-30, 09:21

The movies companies used this idea from the British government who furnished the African tribes with muzzleloaders (flintlock and percussion guns) into the 1940's. Their way of being sure there was no over through if they had modern weapons.

Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: what they did 30 years ago, does it work.    what they did 30 years ago, does it work.  - Page 2 Empty2018-08-30, 11:36

Of course the Klingon/SFC is assumed to be in the future.  However, being that the planetary system is a few hundred light years away, it has already happened and it will be a few hundred years before we will be made aware of it; time dilation.

Not to get too far off track - I'll soon get back to BP guns - Literally everything one sees or hears is in the past and already history.  The galaxies we see are not the galaxies that actually exist today.  We see, even in face to face conversations, what has already occurred; maybe only a micro-second, but time is bizarre in its tangled effects on the universe.  Look into the sky and you're looking at stars & galaxies as they were millions or billions of years ago.

Cosmology/time/space has been an interest of mine since I was a kid.  

We now return to our program "Frontier Muzzleloading".  Dunno lol! study
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: what they did 30 years ago, does it work.    what they did 30 years ago, does it work.  - Page 2 Empty2018-08-31, 12:18

I talked about a lot more than I come close to knowing in my last post.  I read a lot; it helps when you're ignorant ("ignernt", in Southern speak).
Back to top Go down

what they did 30 years ago, does it work.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: