Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Brent Gurtek rifle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old Pete

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-08-15

Brent Gurtek rifle Empty
PostSubject: Brent Gurtek rifle   Brent Gurtek rifle EmptyAugust 15th 2018, 8:11 pm

Hey, everyone! I'm not new to blackpowder, but I'm new here. Enjoying it! I have a beautiful Brent Gurtek Lehigh rifle, .45 caliber, Siler Jim Chambers lock, swamped Colerain barrel. Anyone have any experience with Brent's rifles?
Back to top Go down
Mad Irish Jack ODonnell

Mad Irish Jack ODonnell

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-02-11

Brent Gurtek rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent Gurtek rifle   Brent Gurtek rifle EmptyAugust 15th 2018, 8:42 pm

Not with the maker, but the parts, some. I have two Colerain "C" weight, swamped 44" .54 cal barrels. One is a rifled barrel and the other is smooth on my smooth rifle, which is also 28ga. I love them. I had a Siler lock on a Lehigh .50 and a Lehigh .54 caliber I had. The lock was excellent. Although, I now use L&R Classic locks and these are faster in my opinion and timing. I do disassemble, high polish friction bearing surfaces reassemble and I use dry graphite to lube.
Back to top Go down
https://rangersoftheohiocompany.shutterfly.com/
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Brent Gurtek rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent Gurtek rifle   Brent Gurtek rifle EmptyAugust 15th 2018, 10:29 pm

Never heard of it, but sure would love to see one! Welcome to the forum as well.
Back to top Go down
wganz

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2018-07-26

Brent Gurtek rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent Gurtek rifle   Brent Gurtek rifle EmptyAugust 16th 2018, 5:40 am

thread photos
I've had no experience with Brent but a search of his name shows that he's a member of the Contemporary Longrifle Association. Please post pix and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down

Brent Gurtek rifle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: