Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3214
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    August 30th 2018, 9:31 am

@OldMtnMan wrote:
You can carry a handgun here anywhere you want including your car if it's not hidden. No permit needed. Kind of like in the old west strapped to your hip.

You can carry it hidden if it's unloaded.

Hidden and loaded you need a permit.

Pete does Colorado still have open carry there like what some of the other states. I see at least 2-3 people every week with a pistol on their belts in the store, on the street and so on.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10216
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    August 30th 2018, 9:35 am

As far as I know they do. I think what they had in mind was you could use a handgun as backup while hunting and not need a permit.

They really don't like you wearing a gun around town.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
hawkthrower

hawkthrower

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-02-01

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    August 31st 2018, 9:49 pm

Mike - I'd say you would be! Down under has a "thing about it" as do many other places...... Even here! - You should have seen the looks when the guy and his passenger at the next gas-pump (with California plates) noticed the 44 and the "big knife" on my gun belt while I was filling up my truck! Wink

an ancient east Indian philosopher
Back to top Go down
azal

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-07-29

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 7:54 am

In Arizona, to the best of my knowledge, open carry was always legal. I live in the South East part close to Tombstone, so seeing someone with a pistol strapped to their hip is a daily occurrence. The folks in Tombstone often carry them for the tourists benefit. You can NOT carry them into the Bar unless you work there or have a CCW and are not consuming alcohol and keep it concealed.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 8:20 am

@azal wrote:
In Arizona, to the best of my knowledge, open carry was always legal. I live in the South East part close to Tombstone, so seeing someone with a pistol strapped to their hip is a daily occurrence. The folks in Tombstone often carry them for the tourists benefit. You can NOT carry them into the Bar unless you work there or have a CCW and are not consuming alcohol and keep it concealed.
 You need a handy weapon to kill all those blasted rattlers you have there.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
Mike in Oz

Mike in Oz

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 8:34 am

Ihawkthrower wrote:
Mike - I'd say you would be! Down under has a "thing about it" as do many other places...... Even here! - You should have seen the looks when the guy and his passenger at the next gas-pump (with California plates) noticed the 44 and the "big knife" on my gun belt while I was filling up my truck! Wink

I’d have thought seeing someone open carrying would be no big deal in the free states.... but from what I understand The Peoples Rebublic 
Of Kalifornia are just as stupid (or weak as piss, take your pick!) as the guberment of Australia.
Back to top Go down
azal

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-07-29

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 11:20 am

@OldMtnMan wrote:
@azal wrote:
 You need a handy weapon to kill all those blasted rattlers you have there.

I never suffer a rattler to live. I lived a lot of my life at "Cascabel" AZ., a ghost town. Cascabel means Rattler in Spanish.
I probably killed well over 100 in my life, only had 3 get away.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 11:22 am

I'm not fond of them myself. I've never seen any at high altitude, so I hang out there the most.

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 12:13 pm

@azal wrote:

I never suffer a rattler to live. I lived a lot of my life at "Cascabel" AZ., a ghost town. Cascabel means Rattler in Spanish.
I probably killed well over 100 in my life, only had 3 get away.

I have mentioned the killing of rattlers here before, have know idea how many in a 20 year period. Should have counted the two shoe boxes full of rattles saved over the years (several 100 I would think). Always had boot on and either killed them with a 22 pistol, the back of a shovel and several that caught me by surprise with just stomping on them when trying to get away, then cutting their heads off with my pocket knife. 

Have been very lucky, my dog got nailed one time and I got hit trying to save her. We both when to town for shots, she stayed 3 days at the vets and I did an over night at the hospital. After  that we both notice our arthritis wasn't as bad. Told my doctor this and found the University of Pennsylvania has been researching the rattlesnake venom for several years and the benefits it has.  Most people bitten by rattlesnakes have inadvertently stepped on them — so watch where you’re walking! Rattlesnake bites can be dangerous but are very rarely fatal to humans. With proper medical treatment, including antivenin, bites are usually not serious but not life threating.

Their venom is extremely potent. “The venom of most rattlesnake species is composed mainly of hemotoxins.”  “Symptoms include temporary and/or permanent tissue and muscle damage, loss of an extremity depending on the location of the bite, internal bleeding, and extreme pain around the injection area.”

There are 29 species of theses snakes. The most common we see are:

Timber rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus)
Sometimes called a canebrake rattlesnake, these snakes found in the Eastern United States. According to the New Hampshire Fish and Wildlife Department, they are large, regularly growing up to 5 feet (1.5 m) long, and have a large banded or chevron-shaped brown and black pattern. However, it is hard to see the brown pattern on some snakes, and they look uniformly black. On others, the background is tan and their bands are clearly brown. According to the Florida Museum of Natural History, timber rattlesnakes in the Sunshine State and other parts of the South are lighter colored with a reddish brown stripe running down the center of their backs.

Eastern diamondback (Crotalus adamanteus)
According to National Geographic, these are the largest venomous snakes in North America, reaching up to 8 feet (2.4 m). They are found from North Carolina to Louisiana. They have a visually striking yellow-bordered black diamond pattern.

Western diamondback (Crotalus atrox)
At up to 7 feet long (2 m), this is the largest of the Southwestern rattlers and considered the most dangerous. According to the ADW, it causes more fatalities than any other snake in the United States. Its back is covered with dark diamond-shaped patches lined with lighter scales, and according to the [url=http://www.desertmuseum.org/kids/oz/long-fact-sheets/Diamondback Rattlesnake.php]Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum[/url], its rattle has a unique black-and-white, raccoon-like color scheme. Unlike many other rattlers who flee, the Western diamondback will stand its ground, coil, and hiss when threatened.

Last edited by Buck Conner on September 1st 2018, 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 12:25 pm

The hiss I remember the most. I used to run into them along the Arkansas River while I was fly fishing. That was down by Salida which is at a lower altitude than where I live. I don't go there anymore and go north up the river. I've never run into one up here.

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 1:05 pm

I hear you Pete, anymore I'm as scared as most, problem with getting old and slow I guess. When younger I would do some really risky things that my family would just look the other way. For me its a big deal to just keep regular anymore.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 1:16 pm

I gave up on being regular.

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 1st 2018, 4:36 pm

What ever one can handle. That may sound funny to some but if the problem is theirs they aren't laughing....  If you see a rattlesnake close to you that could all change, Rolling Eyes   What a Face being regular will have returned quickly.   Cool

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 2nd 2018, 9:20 am

The brown recluse is really bad. You can lose a limb from them.

Back to top Go down
sqezer

Male Number of posts : 1735
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 2nd 2018, 4:33 pm

Guard it well and Respect what we have, Educate the Uneducated and beware of the UNEDUCATED MEDIA and Uneducated Politicians.

WASATCH CHARLIE

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2018-04-22

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 15th 2018, 12:17 am

I have to drive north  to ALASKA  or south to ARIZONA to strap on one of my handguns.....in British Columbia  KANADA   the QUEEN  just don't trust us ''subjects'' to carry our handguns.....
we can carry a dozen  SKS semi auto carbines and several  thousand rounds in our vehicle  but a ''handgun''  no way.   guess they are afraid of a REPEAT of that  ''incident'' back in  1776 !!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2018-09-24

PostSubject: Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.    September 24th 2018, 10:23 am

I live in Indiana and I carry. Every day.

On my hip, Colt Delta Elite 10mm
Back to top Go down

a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Black Powder Hand Guns-
Jump to: