Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Traditions Hawken Woodsmen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
R. Boone

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2018-07-19

Traditions Hawken Woodsmen Empty
PostSubject: Traditions Hawken Woodsmen   Traditions Hawken Woodsmen Empty2018-08-22, 17:55

Has anyone ever tried one of these in flintlock? I have never owned a flintlock and thought I might be old enough to try one. $449.99 plus tax at Cabela's. What u'all think ? Give me the good, bad and the ugly.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsmen   Traditions Hawken Woodsmen Empty2018-08-22, 18:02

ive had one for about 2 years now. Love it. Had to massage the frizzen spring a bit to weak it as it was very stiff from the factory, but after that she sparks like crazy. 1/2x5/8" french amber flints are the ticket.
Back to top Go down
R. Boone

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2018-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsmen   Traditions Hawken Woodsmen Empty2018-08-22, 18:11

Thanks FG if I get this rifle I am sure I will have lots more questions. Where do you get those flints?
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsmen   Traditions Hawken Woodsmen Empty2018-08-22, 18:18

www.trackofthewolf.com
Back to top Go down
Rick N Bama

Rick N Bama

Male Number of posts : 95
Location : North Alabama smack dab in the heart of Tornado Alley!
Registration date : 2017-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsmen   Traditions Hawken Woodsmen Empty2018-08-25, 15:27

Jon, please explain about "massaging the Frizzen Spring".
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsmen   Traditions Hawken Woodsmen Empty2018-08-28, 16:12

@R. Boone wrote:
Thanks FG if I get this rifle I am sure I will have lots more questions. Where do you get those flints?

Jonathan did you know that many of the French Amber flints advertised today came from old warehouses in Canada. Some dating to the F&I War. An article I read in Muzzle Blasts a few years ago said there were tons of the flint stored there from sailing ships, used as ballast back in the day. Some one thinking outside of the box saw value in what most saw as rock chips.

Back to top Go down

Traditions Hawken Woodsmen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: