Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

goex in my inline?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
steady eddie

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2017-09-09

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptySeptember 19th 2018, 3:47 am

can I use goex 3f in my inline? has anyone ever done it.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10223
Registration date : 2010-09-23

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptySeptember 19th 2018, 7:24 am

Yes.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
steady eddie

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2017-09-09

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptySeptember 20th 2018, 2:27 am

ok you got me. sooooo, was it any better than substatute powder ? it cant be any dirtier than the triple seven im using now. any other info that you have feel free to share
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptySeptember 20th 2018, 7:20 am

Real BP is dirtier, smelly, and more smokey than the subs. It also has less power depending on which one you buy. Swiss has the most power and Olde Eynsford is a close second. They are close to the power of T7. Goex has less power than all the subs.

I'm very picky about just using just real black powder in sidelocks because traditional weapons should use traditional powder. 

Sub powders were made for inlines but they also do fine with black powder. If you think T7 is dirty. You'll hate real black powder.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16164
Registration date : 2008-05-19

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptySeptember 20th 2018, 7:59 am

goex has more power than American pioneer/jim shockeys gold/black mz.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptySeptember 20th 2018, 8:10 am

I don't recognize that as a real powder.  tongue

Back to top Go down
anaconda44

anaconda44

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-04-24

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptySeptember 20th 2018, 3:22 pm

I use goex 2f in a remington 700 inline for years. I dont use pellets. If not real blackpowder than i use blackhorn 209

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2018-09-18

goex in my inline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: goex in my inline?   goex in my inline? EmptyOctober 1st 2018, 3:01 pm

Go ex, Black Horn, Pyrodex, Powder or Pellets  in my opinion it is like Tamato,Tomato and Mater. 6 of one half dozen of the other. It all goes boom and pushes the bullet to the target. I prefer the powder for hunting and the pellets for target, Pick whatever works for you that leaves you with the amount of clean up you can live with and run with it.
Back to top Go down

goex in my inline?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: