Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Smoothbore Weekend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulK

PaulK

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2016-12-07

Smoothbore Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Smoothbore Weekend   Smoothbore Weekend EmptySeptember 23rd 2018, 7:22 pm

Smoothbore Weekend Image16
Spent yesterday with a friend banging gongs with my .62 cal French Fusil Smoothbore tradegun and PRB's. Today I worked on load development for a PRB for a new 20 ga/ .62 cal NW Tradegun Smoothbore. I had problems getting consistent grouping at 50 yds off the bench until today. I finally hit on a load of 90gr 2F Goex/ .020 patch cut at the muzzle with mink oil lube and .600 ball that gave me great grouping off the bench at 50 yds. I ended the day shooting a 50 yd, off hand postal match target for another forum. I was very pleased with the results.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Smoothbore Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoothbore Weekend   Smoothbore Weekend EmptySeptember 24th 2018, 2:23 pm

Good for a lung shot on a bison at 100 yards Paul. When still playing outfitter for deer, elk and buffalo we always wanted this seen (your target). Only a few could come close, most were like  your two outer shots. Then your playing backup after they hit the animal then freeze.  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Smoothbore Weekend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: