Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

We need shooters for these Postal Matches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2793
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: We need shooters for these Postal Matches   October 6th 2018, 2:35 pm

Hey troops,

We need shooters (you) for these Postal Matches, doesn't cost anymore than a few rounds going down range which you do anyway.

Jonathan and yours truly are wanting to mix the distances up, 15 yards, 25 yards, 50 yards, 75 yards, and 100 yards. Different positions, make suggestions and then join in.

How do we get the guys Jonathan has built guns for as well as those that show pictures of their guns they are working on to shoot? 

Come on guys it's just for fun, the only ones I pick on is Mike and Gordon (the guys from down-under, they have some funny comebacks).  :rtup   :tup2

Kentucky Colonel
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: We need shooters for these Postal Matches   October 6th 2018, 5:38 pm

I may be able to try this time. I expect to shoot on the 3rd Sunday of this month. I hope to be shooting flintlock rifle and percussion cap pistol.

Forgive me, but I have not been able to keep abreast of the current practices of the shoot. Where should I be reading? What should I be shooting? You guys still e-mailing targets?

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2793
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: We need shooters for these Postal Matches   October 7th 2018, 10:01 am

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
I may be able to try this time. I expect to shoot on the 3rd Sunday of this month. I hope to be shooting flintlock rifle and percussion cap pistol.

Forgive me, but I have not been able to keep abreast of the current practices of the shoot. Where should I be reading? What should I be shooting? You guys still e-mailing targets?

The Nov. Postal Match Rules are:
25 yards -

• (5) shots, one shot in each bull for a total of (5) shots. 

• Same rules, offhand but let's let the shooter use his favorite shooting position.

• The four basic “NRA” or “competition” rifle shooting positions are: prone, sitting, kneeling, and standing (also called “offhand”). No cross sticks, slings or support of any kind.

Oct. Fest Rules:

• 25 yards, off hand. Shoot what you brung!

Print target off your computer from each match.

Mike in Oz

Male Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: We need shooters for these Postal Matches   October 7th 2018, 9:25 pm

@Buck Conner wrote:
Hey troops,

We need shooters (you) for these Postal Matches, doesn't cost anymore than a few rounds going down range which you do anyway.

Jonathan and yours truly are wanting to mix the distances up, 15 yards, 25 yards, 50 yards, 75 yards, and 100 yards. Different positions, make suggestions and then join in.

How do we get the guys Jonathan has built guns for as well as those that show pictures of their guns they are working on to shoot? 

Come on guys it's just for fun, the only ones I pick on is Mike and Gordon (the guys from down-under, they have some funny comebacks).  :rtup   :tup2

Typical septic tank attitude, its not out fault that you all look like a bucket of smashed crabs with the skills to match!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need shooters for these Postal Matches   

Back to top Go down

We need shooters for these Postal Matches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Announcements & Events :: FRONTIER MUZZLELOADING POSTAL MATCHES-
Jump to: