Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Great plains rifle sights

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLSMITH

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2018-07-14

Great plains rifle sights Empty
PostSubject: Great plains rifle sights   Great plains rifle sights Empty2018-10-21, 05:03

I know that Lyman sells the prep sights for there rifles is there a cheaper set that might work missed a big buck yesterday with the factory sights my old eyes have a hard time with them
Back to top Go down
burlesontom

Male Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2018-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Great plains rifle sights   Great plains rifle sights Empty2018-10-21, 10:49

I am not sure what a "Prep" sight is. On my GP rifle I thinned the front sight down from .125 to .100 or 1/10th of an inch. That made it easier to target shoot with.

On the new Pedersoli Scout Rifle I just got the black front sight was hard for me to see and disappeared on about anything I pointed it at. So using a toothpick I put a thin coat of white acrylic paint on and when that dried I put a coat of lime green it it. Now it jumps right out at you. Not very traditional but I don't care. I can't shoot what I can't see.

On the CVA I kentucky pistol I built a few months ago the rear notch was too narrow. So a little work with a needle file and its far easier to see the front blade and I can see a little light on each side.
Back to top Go down
RLSMITH

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2018-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Great plains rifle sights   Great plains rifle sights Empty2018-10-21, 11:26

Peep sight is what I meant to say
Back to top Go down
RhinoDave

RhinoDave

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2017-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Great plains rifle sights   Great plains rifle sights Empty2018-10-21, 17:03

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/881/1/RS-CA-PEEP-16

Great plains rifle sights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: