Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

deer hit by car, or truck.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

deer hit by car, or truck.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyOctober 23rd 2018, 2:40 pm

Use to find them on edge of road, if warm and no-one around I would roll them up in a tarp and take them home. Made for a long night until the animal was in the freezer, elk and bear took the longest but worth the effort.  :tup2

Back to top Go down
CVA Enthusiast

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyOctober 23rd 2018, 5:21 pm

Brother is not  a thing spiritually wrong with putting out of misery or using the meat. As far as "LAW" or "FISH/GAME" it is a little different where I am at.
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyOctober 29th 2018, 3:24 pm

Our Conservation Department calls me to Pick Up and or Kill Deer that have been hit. If their fresh into the Freezer.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyOctober 29th 2018, 4:09 pm

Use to do the same for about 20 years, we would take them to a locker in town to be processed and then the meat was given to the old folk homes.   :tup2

Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1546
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyOctober 29th 2018, 7:57 pm

i do road kill.

If the animal is injured along the road i put it down and haul it home. Here most police/sheriffs won't respond to injured game animals and game wardens are few and far between.
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyOctober 31st 2018, 6:50 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
Use to do the same for about 20 years, we would take them to a locker in town to be processed and then the meat was given to the old folk homes.   :tup2

Not here Processors won't take them. We usually work the up but a Processor would throw away much more than we do.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
hunting savage

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyNovember 3rd 2018, 8:47 pm

Do it yourself but it longer but u know what u got good luck I would have took her home in used it
Back to top Go down
martinbrown1287

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-06-13

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyJune 13th 2019, 5:26 am

i have a RAM 6500 truck which we use for Lockout Service Queens NY, so i care about it not hit any animal while hunting.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10258
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyJune 13th 2019, 6:17 am

You can't just take them in Colorado. You need to call the DOW first. Sometimes they give it to you and sometimes they won't and they give the meat to the shelter. You could be fined for just taking it but I haven't heard of that happening.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyJune 13th 2019, 8:15 am

It is legal to take them here in Idaho, Deer you can simply take, Elk and Moose Require the Game Dept to investigate/check out, But you can stil take them. It should be this way in every state, If it can be utilized, By all means do so!! What a shame to see them Rott Along Side the Rd
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3696
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyJune 13th 2019, 2:20 pm

@OldMtnMan wrote:
You can't just take them in Colorado. You need to call the DOW first. Sometimes they give it to you and sometimes they won't and they give the meat to the shelter. You could be fined for just taking it but I haven't heard of that happening.
Similar requirements here in Massachusetts.   If a resident kills a deer with their vehicle they must report it to the Environmental Police within 24 hrs.  They will allow you to keep it but it must be tagged for legal possession. 

Awhile back a buck tried to beat my JEEP headlight at 40 m.p.h. and ended-up ramming my driver's side door then took-off for the woods.  I couldn't Shocked believe the $700 damage to my JEEP.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10258
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: deer hit by car, or truck.    deer hit by car, or truck.  EmptyJune 13th 2019, 3:09 pm

Yeah, deer can do more damage than you think. I saw a car that hit an elk and it looked about totaled. They hauled the driver to the hospital.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down

deer hit by car, or truck.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: