Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Palm Savers? Anyone make one?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CVA Enthusiast

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2018-09-18

Palm Savers? Anyone make one? Empty
PostSubject: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 2nd 2018, 8:58 pm

Started looking at palm-savers for my modern in lines I did find some at $3.00 with $9.00 shipping which to me is ludicrous/crazy or a bit touched. Anyone here make their own if so show n tell please. Problem I am having is decision I like the "T" styles I have seen, Then again the "Knobs" look good to.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 3rd 2018, 12:07 pm

You  can use a wooden door knob or even cut a small piece of 1x4 into a shape and drill a counter sunk hole for the ramrod to slip over the end of the rod. One of my short starters is an elk handle. I can easily pull off the elk handle and slip it over  the end of my ramrod for a little more comfort when seating a ball.

Heres a cheapie on ebay,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CVA-Palm-Saver/382606875142?epid=2255377513&hash=item5915259a06:g:29MAAOSwTwBb07lw:rk:7🇵🇫0
Back to top Go down
Jdroyer

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 3rd 2018, 1:32 pm

Some craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Pat Catans etc.) sell solid wood balls in various sizes. Drill a hole and you're good to go
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 3rd 2018, 4:14 pm

A drilled golf ball works well.
Back to top Go down
hunting savage

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 3rd 2018, 10:50 pm

Good advice
Back to top Go down
CVA Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 11th 2018, 6:14 pm

Thank you all, JDroyer, Falcon, Strong Eagle, Frontier Gander all Great Ideas best part I can stain or color to my desire.
Back to top Go down
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2018-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 21st 2018, 9:00 am

Stoney1 makes some nice ones.  You can use it and see how its made if you plan to produce on of your own later. You get reach him on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Grimord

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2015-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 21st 2018, 1:32 pm

I just drill a recessed hole in the ball end of my short started.  Who needs to carry additional stuff when hunting?
Back to top Go down
CVA Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 23rd 2018, 8:03 pm

I agree there,  but the palm saver I have in mind would be mated to the ramrod.
Back to top Go down
Grimord

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2015-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 24th 2018, 8:34 am

RMC and maybe a few others sell a folding "T" shaped palm saver that is attached to the end of the ramrod.  It will stick out beyond the end of the barrel of the gun.  T/C also makes a replacement aluminum ram rod with a built in "t" shaped palm saver.  I think it comes in different lengths so you might be able to get one that will fit your gun.
Back to top Go down
Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2018-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Palm Savers? Anyone make one?   Palm Savers? Anyone make one? EmptyNovember 26th 2018, 12:17 pm

Are you talking about something to use with the ramrod?

I just drilled about a 1/2" - 1" deep hole in my ball starter and use the ball of that to top the ram rod shoving it down.
Back to top Go down

Palm Savers? Anyone make one?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: