Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2841
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: A). THE SHOOTING OF POSTAL MATCHES    April 23rd 2018, 7:11 am

SUBJECT: THE SHOOTING OF POSTAL MATCHES

Jon make the next Frontier Muzzleloading SECOND Shoot an off hand shooting event, 25 yards standing 5 shot group (No rests, or supports of any kind). Have the shooter send in a picture of shooting his target. May consider a $5 entry used to cover prizes.

Don't try doing this like Heston tried at the making of "The Mountain Men". 
He was told "To stand up and shoot like a man."

His reward for trying to cheat and missing a hanging egg was he had to eat his target. This was a Special Shoot held by American Sportsmen "John Wayne Honor Shoot" after his passing.

A year later at LaVeta CO "Western National Rendezvous" he had remembered the instructions and the butt chewing from the movie. He stood up and "shot like a man" this time, he was a fast learner.

Last edited by Buck Conner on August 24th 2018, 3:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15630
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   April 23rd 2018, 3:21 pm

hahahaha!! stand up and shoot like a man... How'd Heston take to that?

Was he a decent shot with a muzzleloader?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   April 24th 2018, 8:55 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
hahahaha!! stand up and shoot like a man... How'd Heston take to that?

Was he a decent shot with a muzzleloader?

He stood up after being told "to shoot like a man", the crowd stood back waiting for him to go off on me. After playing the pissed roll we had a good laugh over it and the guys from American Sportsmen Show loved it, first time they had seen someone give Heston orders.......  affraid 

Later that year I took Heston's son and an assn. director for that movie on their first buffalo hunt.  :rtup

All of us kept in contact with Christmas cards for several years. Those guys really have busy schedules all the time - 7 X 24.

Mike in Oz

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   July 5th 2018, 10:43 pm

I loved that shoot, now we have our own with a postal section too .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   July 6th 2018, 7:12 am

We need to break up several of the subjects - with their own "header" to make it easier to find each subject theme.

Last edited by Buck Conner on October 27th 2018, 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hilljack

Male Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2014-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   October 26th 2018, 2:03 pm

Ok Buck I'm a bone head and a non geek type....What is the method to get you the pictures of our targets....getting ready to shoot mine....

Bill 
Hilljack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   October 26th 2018, 2:26 pm

Shoot the target, sign it and what caliber it was shot with, if available scan the target and email it to me at: 1641hiverano@gmail.com. If you don't have a scanner available drop me a note and I'll provide a mailing address.   :tup2

No ducks or geeks around here, season doesn't open until Jan.  scratch

bronko22000

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2016-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   October 27th 2018, 8:37 am

25 yards! I'd much rather see them at 50 yards off hand. A half decent shot should be able to put 3 balls into a 3" bull at that range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   October 27th 2018, 11:39 am

Agreed, but all the shooters asked for 25 yards (it's hard enough to get anyone to take part). I will give them some longer distances than what's offered to date. Distances that are not standard shooting distances on a shooting range like 15 yards, 35 yards, 65 yards, etc. (like shot when hunting).   Rolling Eyes   scratch

PaulK

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2016-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   October 27th 2018, 12:39 pm

@bronko22000 wrote:
25 yards!  I'd much rather see them at 50 yards off hand.  A half decent shot should be able to put 3 balls into a 3" bull at that range.
Any yardage can be a fun shoot. We need more shooters. Why not shoot the target and send it in. As Buck mixes up the yardage in the future there will be something for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   October 27th 2018, 12:56 pm

Hey Paul at a club shoot we had a 25 feet target shot from the hip, one shot (picture of an indian coming for you with a hawk in hand).  The bull's eye was dead center on his chest.  Many of the shooter's made sure he would never reproduce ....    affraid   headslap   lol!

FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15630
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   November 3rd 2018, 9:50 am

POSITIONS USED FOR THESE MATCHES WILL BE STATED

25 yards or as stated shooting distances:

Most matches will be the standing shooting position (also called “offhand”). No cross sticks, slings or support of any kind.

Some matches will be one single shot to multiple shots.

• (1) shot in the bull's eye to several shots as many as:

• (5) shots, one shot in each bull for a total of (5) shots. 

• Same rules, offhand but let's let the shooter use his favorite holding position while other events may have as many as -

The four basic “NRA” or “competition” rifle shooting positions are: prone, sitting, kneeling, and standing (also called “offhand”). No cross sticks, slings or support of any kind. No cross sticks, slings or support of any kind.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

SENDING TARGETS

To send me your shot targets just scan them and email them to:  1641hiverano@gmail.com

If you need to use USPS send me an email and I’ll forward you that information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches   

Back to top Go down

Rules & Info for our Shooting Matches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Announcements & Events :: FRONTIER MUZZLELOADING POSTAL MATCHES-
Jump to: