Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

s and w victory .22

Go down 
AuthorMessage
strong eagle

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: s and w victory .22   November 16th 2018, 8:21 am

bought one, put a halo on it and and compensator and is it fun to shoot. perfect consistant accuracy and never a jam. dont even mind the factory trigger. son has a mark four ruger. he and i agree from the facoty the s and w is the better gun. the mark 4 needs tuning to get to the smiths level.
Back to top Go down
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 9th 2018, 8:24 am

ordered a after market target trigger for the s.and w., going to have the local gunsmith put that on. shoots great now but will shoot better after the after market trigger. also recently bought a uberti cattleman 12 shot .22 cal. long rifle revolver. the only thing i did to that is redue the forcing cone, shoot very very tight at 15 to 20 yards. a very nice revolver. also from the 1970/s i have a s and w model 17 .22 cal target revolver.it is in perfect shape. i also done the forcing cone over along with the uberti. off all my guns that s and w is a consistant almost a one hole gun at 20 yards. we have taken , my son and i, prairie dogs at out to 250 yards with it. after 100 yards we just look down the barrel and walk it into the do like a cannon. im glad im back into .22 cal long rifle shooting, it is really fun. some day i would like to get another high standard supermatic trophy with a 5 inch bull barrel. never forgot the one i had years ago. it out shot every thing out their and most likely still can. they are expensive now but worth it.
Back to top Go down
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 10th 2018, 11:25 am

shot my uberti cattleman .22 cal alot to day as well as my s and w victory, they shoot tight and consistant. however my smith model 17 is a one hole gun consistantly. nothing stands up to it except maybe the high standard supermatic trophy. the last two are the best .22 hand guns ever made.
Back to top Go down
steady eddie

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 10th 2018, 12:39 pm

must not be winter where you are
Back to top Go down
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 14th 2018, 6:08 am

we have cold days and we have warm days. this week, high 40/s and in the 50/s. same as denver gets. nothing below 0 yet. lots of snow this year. mostly in the past we dont get winter until after christmas. the last 2 years winter started early. left late. better for the fruit trees. then they set flowers late and produce fruit.
Back to top Go down
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 17th 2018, 6:28 pm

the aftermarket trigger is in it and it is much better. no travel and lighter. will do a lot of rounds going through it tomorrow. will be in the 50/s tomorrow. it likes copper coated bullets better than lead with out copper on it.
Back to top Go down
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2018-06-08

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 18th 2018, 7:06 am

Is the Victory like a Hi Standard Victor?
Back to top Go down
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 18th 2018, 12:13 pm

no, it is a recent gun from smith and wesson. if you have or can get a highstandard victor that is in good shape you then have the best of the best in .22 auto loaders. did a lot of shooting with the new trigger and does it ever shoot tight. again, it does not like anything but copper plated bullets. never ever a hang up with copper plateted bullets, had one hang up with the lead ones. if i could afford a good used high standard supermatic throphy with a 5 inch bull barrel i would have one but they are pricy and well deserve to be.
Back to top Go down
QuinnTheEskimo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2016-05-21

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 20th 2018, 7:43 am

I have a High Standard Victor, I too thought thatís what you were talking about. †Is this something similar?

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 23rd 2018, 1:25 pm

no, you have the top of the line gun. the s and w victory, i believe is the best out of the box modern semi auto .22 long rifle. it is a little like the luger and with similar lines to it. i did three things to it to make it perfect. i put the loop halo on the back of the slide for fast easy cocking. i put a muzzle anti lift compensater on the front for muzzle lift. then i had a local gun smith put on a after market trigger that makes it even better to shoot. it like copper coated long rifles and not lead nose long rifles. one hole accuracy at 15 to 20 yards. perfect trigger. and man can i burn the ammo with this gun. if you have a high standard 22 semi auto, never sell it. they are the best of the best.
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 23rd 2018, 2:30 pm

I've fired a S&W Victory and consider them to be extremely nice pistols.† Although my experience was confined to one day, it fit my hand well and the accuracy was excellent.

I've owned a HS Victor for around 45 years and it is THE most accurate pistol I've ever fired.† Those old Victors defined the word "precision".† I also have a Ruger MKI Bull Barrel I bought in the early 1970s.† That pistol is at least as accurate as the S&W Victory and shoots thumbnail size groups at 25 yards.† If it just had a nice trigger I can only speculate what it could do.† But possibly my favorite pistol is a Colt Sport Target Woodsman I bought decades ago new.† Very accurate though not quite up to the Victor & MKI standards.† That nice pistol is lightweight, fits like a glove, accurate and gets carried a lot.† I've killed squirrels with it and killed lots of tin cans.
The Victor.

My old MKI.

That marvelous Woodsman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 23rd 2018, 2:55 pm

that victor is the creme de le creme of 22 semi autos. cant get better than that.
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 23rd 2018, 3:48 pm

@strong eagle wrote:
that victor is the creme de le creme of 22 semi autos. cant get better than that.

You said it well, strong eagle; there is iron in your words.
Back to top Go down
QuinnTheEskimo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2016-05-21

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 24th 2018, 7:08 am

I inherited this Victor from my late uncle, Iíve also got a heavy barreled Browning Buckmark. †While I enjoy shooting them, Iím not very good with either.

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 24th 2018, 8:17 am

a tip when shooting a handgun for tight groups. dont rest the gun on a rest, it doesnt work well for tight groups, rest your forearm of the rest. that way you can shoot for what the gun can do. most likely that gun will do one hole groups at 20 yards. ive practiced so much over the years that when i shoot any of my well tuned hand guns my groups are in their right now. when i qualified at 18 years old in the military i got top score out of over 70 shooters. i couldnt figure out how they the others could shoot so bad. i guess the reason is ive had a gun in my hands since i was little and big white winter rabbits was my source of money. i used to hunt them at 20 below zero and think nothing of it. boot camp was nothing to me. i was in really good shape in every way.
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 24th 2018, 12:52 pm

Quinn, That's beautiful.† I have the underbarrel weight for my Victor but usually leave it off.† I used to be a very good pistol shot, but sadly, no longer.† I used to hunt squirrels with .22LR pistols and a S&W M14 firing wadcutters.† Even used my .45Colt and .45acp 1911s.† I can still do okay at 25 yards, but have been using mostly a .32 or .36 flintlock for some years, now.
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 24th 2018, 1:01 pm

Strong eagle, I taught firearms at the police academy in the early 1970s.† But since the late 1990s with two shoulder surgeries, declining vision and such, my skill became affected.† Up until some 12 years ago I deer hunted with revolvers, .357s, .41mag & .44mags.† I particularly like the .41 as a deer caliber.† Your tips for accurate shooting are spot on.† The way I get those tiny groups nowadays, is to hand the pistol to the guy next to me at the range.† lol!
Back to top Go down
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 24th 2018, 2:48 pm

some times i have undifferenciated †hand tremmors, those days im not so good but most of the time i dont have them and then im really good. a lot of guys dont realize that a pistol shouldnt be on the rest, only the hand holding it. dont know why but that is the way it is. burned some 22 ammo today with my 12 shot uberti colt ssa. all i did to it was a better forcing cone and honed the front sight down. it really prints tight groups at 15 to 20 yards. i really like that gun and man 12 shots, that a lot of rounds
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 24th 2018, 4:26 pm

I have "essential tremors", according to the doctor.† I can hold my hand steady but when I try doing things such as writing, turning a screw, that sort of thing; I shake and end up holding the screwdriver in both hands to steady it.† Ain't life an adventure?
Back to top Go down
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: s and w victory .22   December 24th 2018, 6:04 pm

when you live long enough, things are going to happen. we just cant quit though.
Back to top Go down

s and w victory .22
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: