Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Primmer shimming method

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smokering

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-09-26

Primmer shimming method Empty
PostSubject: Primmer shimming method    Primmer shimming method EmptyNovember 21st 2018, 5:06 pm

I've been shimming my firing pin bushing on my mr. Tested it with just snapping primers which came out clean. Is this the correct method or does it need the back pressure of a load to get the correct results? Also if I shim enough for some crush I notice some gap between the breach plug and action. Does anyone know if this is common or of will it effect accuracy? It has no slack when locked up.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16164
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Primmer shimming method    Primmer shimming method EmptyNovember 21st 2018, 5:12 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16164
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Primmer shimming method    Primmer shimming method EmptyNovember 21st 2018, 5:19 pm

You need to first measure the primers over all length, install a .020" shim first, close the action on the primer, measure the primer and see how much the primer over all length shrunk. Im currently running .003" " crush fit " on a CVA Accura V2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
smokering

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Primmer shimming method    Primmer shimming method EmptyDecember 9th 2018, 9:53 pm

Is cva still offering shim kits, they are out of stock and I can't find them anywhere online?To anyone's
knowledge are they sold by another manufacture as I doubt cva makes them.
Back to top Go down

Primmer shimming method
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: