Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyde

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader Empty
PostSubject: Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader   Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader EmptyNovember 24th 2018, 12:47 pm

Have a chance at one but reading about some issues.  Blow back and it being a 700 I am of course concerned about their trigger does anybody have a history with these.  If so what was your experience ?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
dbowling

Male Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader   Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader EmptyNovember 26th 2018, 1:00 pm

Get ahold of derfhunter over on MM if you get it and get his 209 conversion kit, no blowback and you can shoot BH209 if you wish. I believe the trigger problem was on a very limited number of guns not sure ,but I've owned 3 of them with zero issues.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader   Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader EmptyNovember 27th 2018, 10:08 am

I have an old Remington 700 with a replace Timney trigger (have a two stage trigger) which is nice whether you use that feature or not.  I never had a problem but changed for the two stage advantage.

Here's the link on Remington's recall.

https://xmprecall.remington.com/pdfs/xmprecall-notice.pdf

Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader Img2

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader   Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader EmptyNovember 27th 2018, 10:11 am

@strong eagle wrote:
the trigger has a history of numerous law suits, the gun is a good gun. just never ever point the muzzle at any one. has killed many a persons.

Seven deaths is not "many" per the official report, most deaths were found to be caused by careless handling.

Back to top Go down
hunting savage

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader   Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader EmptyNovember 29th 2018, 10:54 am

Buck this is not true millitary just had one of there at a sniper shoot the gun went off nobody touch it when the man put hand on the bolt to open it she went off his sargent standing next to him
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader   Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader EmptyNovember 29th 2018, 10:59 am

@hunting savage wrote:
Buck this is not true millitary just had one of there at a sniper shoot the gun went off nobody touch it when the man put hand on the bolt to open it she went off his sargent standing next to him
I hear you, shit happens. That's why there are warnings. 

I see more damn fools at the range learning on the muzzles of firearms, it's a wonder there aren't more deaths.

Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader   Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader EmptyNovember 29th 2018, 8:39 pm

i own numerous Remington model 700, 721 and 722 rifles with that trigger.  None have ever gone off unless the trigger is pulled.   The vast majority of Remington rifles that go bang do so because incompetents attempt to adjust the triggers.   If adjustment is accomplished correctly there is no problem.  

Yep, i spent a career in the US Army and worked for many years as a firing range advisor to other countries.   Military  folks  sometimes get eat up with the dumb ass too.
Back to top Go down

Old Remington 700 bolt action muzzleloader
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: