Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington

Go down 
AuthorMessage
forrest-hunter

forrest-hunter

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-04-18

Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington Empty
PostSubject: Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington   Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington EmptyNovember 29th 2018, 7:17 pm

Have a terrible time removing and re-installing  wedge on Navy and pulling the cylinder pin on the Remington - any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated - plan on shooting both this weekend - they have been in safe for years because of this problem - both have only been shoot once since I got from Cabelas
Back to top Go down
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2018-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington   Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 9:39 am

Wooden spoon and penetrating oil.  Oil and tap on them.  Remove all oil before range trip.
Back to top Go down
CVA Enthusiast

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington   Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 4:14 pm

Sparkitoff covered it, you may also try a non marring hammer/mallet and strike wedge,
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3354
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington   Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington EmptyDecember 13th 2018, 5:01 pm

Check Brownells, the have the plastic headed hammers for such use.

https://www.brownells.com/

Back to top Go down
afishhunter

afishhunter

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2019-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington   Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington EmptyMarch 24th 2019, 12:57 pm

On one of my Colt revolvers the wedge only went in easily from the left. On my other Colt it only went in like it is supposed to from the right. Also check your wedge to make sure it is not bowed. Don't lube the wedge when you put it in.
On my Remington 1858 New Army, as long as the pin isn't bent and you use a proper lube (not Crisco or patch/bullet lube, it melts on the first shot. I used a light coat of synthetic wheelbearing grease) you should not have difficulty pulling the pin.
Back to top Go down

Trouble Stripping Pietta Navy and Remington
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Black Powder Hand Guns-
Jump to: