Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share some pictures of your pet.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Share some pictures of your pet.  Empty
PostSubject: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 1:41 pm

Hey, let's see how many want to show their pets on a new Topic page right here. This could be fun seeing what the other guys has to share. 

We know Smokin Joe has a good one, how about you???

What's in your home !

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 2:37 pm

Here is Smokin' Joe's beautiful animal, we'll let him tell us about his friend.

Share some pictures of your pet.  7APHNl
A Spinone Italiano (Italian Breed). It was originally bred as a versatile gun dog and to this day the breed is still a capable dog for that purpose. The Spinone is a loyal, friendly and alert dog with a close lying, wiry coat. 

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16225
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 2:47 pm

Share some pictures of your pet.  100_2610
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 2:55 pm

Smokin' Joe's baby is one big guy, all our pets put together wouldn't make one of Joe's. WOW

The wife has always had the house kids, mine were the outside ones. Here are a few of her's that she spends more money on than good sense. These pictures are with the different trainers gathering awards for our kids.
Share some pictures of your pet.  George
George  he was the hot dog around the girls.

Share some pictures of your pet.  Chloe

Chloe  with Cadee shown in the corner (one mad and one happy, figures !!!).
Share some pictures of your pet.  Cadee

Cadee  (she is a handful chasing and running from my cat, she's 7 lbs. and the cat is 16 lbs.)

Share some pictures of your pet.  Laci

Laci  really a good gentle sole.

Share some pictures of your pet.  Friends
My buddies  theses two are always here looking for a warm spot in the sun or next to the heater when needed.

I need to look for pictures of my outdoor babies, some friendly some questionable. Here's one old picture of April when just a kid.

Share some pictures of your pet.  April

April now is a breeder as no-one had the heart or guts to put her down. When they come up to you and lick your face they are here for life.

Last edited by Buck Conner on December 2nd 2018, 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 8:38 pm

Share some pictures of your pet.  20180410

Just a few years ago - the one in the middle is  now gone:
Share some pictures of your pet.  10-16-10

Lap dog?:
Share some pictures of your pet.  Jane_a10

Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 9:33 pm

Phoenix is a 14 year old Welsh Springer Spaniel.
Share some pictures of your pet.  Phoeni10
At the Turkey Run Car Show...

Share some pictures of your pet.  Phoeni12
Catching squirrels...

Share some pictures of your pet.  Phoeni17
After surgery this year... He would not leave my side. I was grateful.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16225
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 10:07 pm

Im not sure which is hairier in that last pic Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
RhinoDave

RhinoDave

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2017-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 6:19 am

We are currently petless and will remain so since any pets we would get now would probably outlive us. Adopting a senior pet is a possibility but unlikely. This is our last two Sparky (dog) and Moose.  16 years and 18 years. Both were best buddies and great pets. Still miss them 
Share some pictures of your pet.  27303010

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 9:14 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
I'm not sure which is hairier in that last pic Laughing

That's a BIG NO SHIT.  KC may need some Nare Hair Remover ...   affraid   geek   afro   lol!

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 9:18 am

Our pets become our children in later years, when one passes it becomes harder the older we are - God Bless our babies.  Neutral

Back to top Go down
PaulK

PaulK

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2016-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 3:16 pm

Here's the boys. The black one hunted with me for 14 years-right up until this past fall. He's gone as of yesterday.Share some pictures of your pet.  Image13
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2065
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 4:29 pm

Sorry for your loss Paul. I know what it is like loosing a great pal.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 6:17 pm

Dang, PaulK... I am so sorry. I am impressed you could manage a post.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
PaulK

PaulK

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 1st 2018, 7:55 pm

Thanks guys. He was a great dog and gave my wife and I almost 15 years. Hard losing any pet but you just gotta focus on all the good years together.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 10:12 am

It's hard Paul, have lost at least a dozen good dogs and twice that many cats over the years. I still think about the enjoyable times with each and some after 50 years still bring a tear to your eye. God Bless, there's always another out there that needs your care and love.  :tup2

Back to top Go down
PaulK

PaulK

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 10:50 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
It's hard Paul, have lost at least a dozen good dogs and twice that many cats over the years. I still think about the enjoyable times with each and some after 50 years still bring a tear to your eye. God Bless, there's always another out there that needs your care and love.  :tup2
That's for sure Buck. That yellow lab in the picture has quite a story. Wandered in out of the forest 5 years ago. Probably about a year old. Obviously been living out there for a long time. Emaciated, covered in black, frozen swamp muck, had 4 different infections-including lymes disease. Didn't even know he was a yellow lab until after my wife washed him up. Found out later he had shotgun pellets scattered up his hind end and back muscles. People told us to get rid of him because he would never be trainable. Well, he was the easiest dog to train, craves human attention, and is just a great dog.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 12:41 pm

Paul as you know everyone is an expert on every thing under the sun, just turn on the radio or TV.   Personal experience is what we learn and trust.

Did you get the pellets out of his tail feathers and rear muscles? 

Had an Uncle that had a temper, if one of his the dogs didn't do what was expected when hunting, he came home with an empty collar. That use to really upset my father and all us kids.

Be kind to him (know you will), I have always treated the animals better than our kids (damn kids never do as instructed and knew better !@#$%^).

Back to top Go down
PaulK

PaulK

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 1:48 pm

No, you can't fish the pellets out. Needle in a haystack thing. They're in the muscle and don't cause him any problems. Only found them incidentally while xraying for something else.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 3:16 pm

That's to bad, sad deal.  silent

Back to top Go down
PaulK

PaulK

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 4:07 pm

No, it really isn't a problem. He doesn't even know they're there. I'm sure he knew when he got peppered and he doesn't like gunshots but he's a happy active lab.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 6:06 pm

Share some pictures of your pet.  Img_0611
Share some pictures of your pet.  Img_0718
My Three girls

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 4th 2018, 5:28 pm

Got two. Stole one. 

oneshot
Share some pictures of your pet.  Img_0310

Last edited by oneshot 1 on December 7th 2018, 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Share some pictures of your pet.    Share some pictures of your pet.  EmptyDecember 4th 2018, 6:40 pm

We have had more than most because we lived 15 miles from Ft. Collins CO (CSU college). Anyone living near a college knows what I mean, those freekin' kids get off for vacations or the summer, here come the animals they dropped off on their way out of town. They figure they'll get new ones when back in school. 

You name it if it's in the midwest, wild and tame, they were always welcome - they're just hungry looking for a hand-out. Been there, done that too. Our barns always had strangers soon to be friends, then family.  Some of the best friends were the wild ones, just need to know how far to push them, then back off.  You get clawed or bit you learn real fast.  My wife would just look at me washing out a wound, shake her head, then always say "I told you not to push your way on them". 
Then  lol!

We're down to two kids at this time, would like to at least out live these guys (worry about someone else being mean to them).  The dog is 7 lbs. and she can't stop messing with the male 16 lb. wild cat that wondered in one day.  Every morning its a race track with them chasing each other. Both are approx. 5 years old now.  The cat has bit me, crawled me that I needed stitches, pissed on me, you name it - it has been a learning experience on both sides.  Wouldn't give $5 for him but won't sell him for anything, you folks know that story ....

Share some pictures of your pet.  Kids

Back to top Go down

Share some pictures of your pet.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: