Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cpt-t

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball Empty
PostSubject: Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball   Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball EmptyDecember 7th 2018, 6:44 pm

I am thinking about trying to find a used in good shape and affordable Lyman 54 Cal Cap & Ball GPR.  For My Son for Xmas. I have a Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball already. And I was wanting to get My Son the very same gun. We buy a lot of exactly the same guns for each other. My Son has been my best hunting & shooting partener since He was 3 or 4 years old. And we hunt and shoot mostly to grather. I am now 75 years old and He is 51 years old. And the rolls of who is watching and taking care of who, have sort of reversed. And I am the permanent blocker now. And ideas on finding a used Lyman GPR, that I can afford. Thanks in advance for Your assistance.
ken
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3406
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball   Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball EmptyDecember 8th 2018, 3:56 am

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Lyman%20and%20(Great%20Plains%20Rifle)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/786033613

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792458397

Back to top Go down
burlesontom

Male Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2018-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball   Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball EmptyDecember 11th 2018, 8:55 pm

I can't help you on your search any better than Buck has but you did pick an excellent gun to buy. Love my 50 caliber GP rifle. I bought mine from Midsouth shooters supply way back in the mid 1990's for around $250 for the factory built gun. The kit was about $220 IIRC. I thought just buy the finished gun and if I don't like it I will refinish it. Never happened. The factory did a bang up job I am proud to own.

The only change I made was to shorten and thin the front sight blade. And it shoots great groups with RB loads and decent groups with LEE REAL bullets in the 320gr weight. Good enough for deer hunting to 75 yards. It also gives good groups with LEE Improved Minnies. Just a darn good gun. The only down side is that Buttplate From Hell. Just sure to shoulder it properly.
Back to top Go down
.54under

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball   Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball EmptyDecember 29th 2018, 7:09 pm

were you able to come up with a Lyman GPR?
Back to top Go down

Wanted Lyman 54 Cal GPR Cap & Ball
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: