Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Cascade .22 ammo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RhinoDave

RhinoDave

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Cascade .22 ammo Empty
PostSubject: Cascade .22 ammo   Cascade .22 ammo EmptyDecember 10th 2018, 7:54 am

Graf & Sons has this on sale for 3 cents a round.  Has any body used this ammo and is it any good. I just bought 500 rounds each of the 40 gr, 37 gr. Hp and the 34 gr super high velocity to try out. This stuff is made in Mexico. 1500 rounds came to just under $53.00 to my door. It'll be interesting to see how it shoots in my very picky little Bersa Thunder. My Glenfield model 60 shoots anything and everything so I'd be surprised if there is any issues with this rifle.

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Cascade .22 ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cascade .22 ammo   Cascade .22 ammo EmptyDecember 10th 2018, 8:59 am

Keep us informed Rhino, that's a good price if it's any good.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
RhinoDave

RhinoDave

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Cascade .22 ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cascade .22 ammo   Cascade .22 ammo EmptyDecember 13th 2018, 6:30 pm

Well, I managed to get out Tuesday and fire off 50 rounds of each type with mixed results. As far as dirty rounds, I think they are on the same level as Remington goldens or Thunderbolts but without the leading issues of the Thunderbolts. As I mentioned earlier, I used my Glenfield model 60 rifle and my Bersa Thunder .22 for testing. The Glenfield usually eats everything and this time it was no different. I did have two rounds of the 40 gr. round nose ammo stovepipe on me but it as towards the end of the testing and the rifle was fairly dirty.( I should mention that the rifle had not been cleaned for some time prior to the testing). Slightly different story with the Bersa Thunder pistol. No issues with the 40 gr round nose or the 34 gr Super high velocity stuff but the 37 gr hollow points were downright ugly. FTF, FTE, jammed cartridges in the breech. stovepipes. I stuggled to get through two magazines with this stuff. I should note that the Bersa shoots Remington, CCI stuff without fail but really hates Federal and Winchester anything. I Can honestly recommend the round nose stuff but not the hollow points.

Cascade .22 ammo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: