Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits Empty
PostSubject: Re: traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits   traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits EmptyDecember 14th 2018, 3:51 pm

They are good accurate bullets. One issue with them is how hard they are to pop into the muzzle. They do require a short starter and a couple or 3 thumps on the back of it for them to pop in. They are the same as the Hornady FPB, just a different color tip. Still good accurate bullets.
traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits Dscn2410
traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits Dscn2411
traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits Fullbo10
Back to top Go down
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2018-06-08

PostSubject: Re: traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits   traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits EmptyDecember 14th 2018, 5:11 pm

Are these any good in a 1:48" barrel?  The post says inline but why not sidelock?
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits   traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits EmptyDecember 14th 2018, 5:16 pm

I don't see any reason why they wouldnt shoot in a 1:48 twist. They have them in 300 and 350 grain. I never tried  them in my sidelocks due to the effort to load them.
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits   traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits EmptyDecember 15th 2018, 7:39 am

The 350 grain FPB is an awesome bullet. Sighted in my Encore with the 350 grain FPB bullet and 140 grains of Black MZ powder in anticipation of elk hunting. No elk showed up in 2008 or 2013 but I've killed some big hogs with that bullet. One 325 pound boar ran straight away and i did a Texas heart shot. The hog kind of collapsed and scooted to a stop on his belly.

The bullets load easily in my Encore. i sit the bullet in the QLA, give the short starter a hard whack and its seated.
Back to top Go down
steady eddie

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits   traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits EmptyDecember 16th 2018, 3:43 pm

nope. didn't work in my encore had to switch to power belts and resight in the middle of the season . just sayin
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits   traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits EmptyDecember 16th 2018, 8:28 pm

not surprised with the tc not shooting them.
Back to top Go down

traditions full bore muzzleloader boolits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: