Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

My new Powder Horn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 15804
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: My new Powder Horn   December 14th 2018, 7:12 pm

Stony1 pulled through on this one! I had bought a cheap uncompleted horn off ebay and after looking at it, got tired of it and put it away. Once Dave showed up with his talents we discussed a list of things and settled on a† price and I sent the horn off to him so he could work his magic!

Dave did a beautiful job on this horn! He added the whitetail antler stopper plug with a piece of buckskin for me to tie it off to my bag strap. He did the white pine plug with screw in Acorn filler plug which BTW, is a HUGE welcome! I had a head slapping moment when I went to fill it and completely forgot about the Acorn filler hole. Unscrewed it, used my funnel and started filling it up nice and easy. That flat wood surface was so much easier and less powder was spilled.

He topped off with copper nails to hold the base plug to the horn. With some age to the works, this will be my favorite horn and have memories and friendship involved as well.

I have already taken it on its first hunt!

Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
stoney1
Forum
Forum
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: My new Powder Horn   December 15th 2018, 7:05 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
Stony1 pulled through on this one! I had bought a cheap uncompleted horn off ebay and after looking at it, got tired of it and put it away. Once Dave showed up with his talents we discussed a list of things and settled on a† price and I sent the horn off to him so he could work his magic!

Dave did a beautiful job on this horn! He added the whitetail antler stopper plug with a piece of buckskin for me to tie it off to my bag strap. He did the white pine plug with screw in Acorn filler plug which BTW, is a HUGE welcome! I had a head slapping moment when I went to fill it and completely forgot about the Acorn filler hole. Unscrewed it, used my funnel and started filling it up nice and easy. That flat wood surface was so much easier and less powder was spilled.

He topped off with copper nails to hold the base plug to the horn. With some age to the works, this will be my favorite horn and have memories and friendship involved as well.

I have already taken it on its first hunt!
Frontier Gander
† Beautiful Fox and Rifle. Thank you, you did me proud with your endorsement of my work and your successful hunt. I'm thrilled that you like the horn. I hope others will like it too.
I've been a little dormant since completing it. I had another request for work; so I put things on a back burner while I tired to help a friend with his project. It was a pretty big one and I was out of my "comfort zone" but he seems happy with the results. t up† Maybe he'll show it off?
†Jonathan and the FML family: Merry Christmas † santa† thanks again.
God bless:
Dave (Stoney1/Two Feathers)

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: My new Powder Horn   December 23rd 2018, 1:18 pm

I like it!† The gun & fox are an awesome touch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
RonC

RonC

Male Number of posts : 1073
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My new Powder Horn   December 25th 2018, 10:25 pm

I wish I had the skills and talent that Dave has. Dave made a priming horn, a starter ramrod, a knife and other muzzle loader accessories for me. Every one was beyond expectations.
He's a good guy, as well.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Manís Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, Itís Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: My new Powder Horn   December 26th 2018, 12:28 pm

It's getting time for me to make another hunting bag.† But you can bet the house that I won't post a photo of it on the same thread with Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3019
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: My new Powder Horn   January 1st 2019, 10:22 am

Picture of rifle with the someone's pet fox looks good.† Mad

My new Powder Horn
Page 1 of 1