Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader

Go down 
AuthorMessage
forrest-hunter

forrest-hunter

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-04-18

Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader Empty
PostSubject: Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader   Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader EmptyDecember 16th 2018, 7:27 pm

Have a 50 and 54 Hawkens - eyes are getting awfully tired (74) - Any suggestions on how to-
Back to top Go down
burlesontom

Male Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2018-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader   Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader EmptyDecember 16th 2018, 8:07 pm

I have seen a few for sale on GB that just had the top of the barrel drilled and tapped for a scope base just like any other rifle. You can probably contact Weaver and see what base they sell that fits a flat top receiver and if they know what you want it for can suggest which base to get.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2018-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader   Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader EmptyDecember 17th 2018, 7:08 am

My son has a sidelock that is D/T on top for flat Weaver style scope bases. He has a Leupold Intermediate Eye Relief scope on it. It sits in a spot where it doesn't come anywhere near the hammer, offers excellent field of view and balances nicely. His rings are quick release Leupolds (with the little lever on them). He can take the scope off in a few seconds to use the sights. It goes back on and holds zero.
Back to top Go down
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader   Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader EmptyDecember 27th 2018, 9:41 pm

I have a T/C New Englander with a base from T/C that I have a scope on I use it a lot I do like it. I also use my .54 cal with the iron sights a lot also.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader   Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader EmptyJanuary 2nd 2019, 12:45 pm

I was having the same issues, had my doctor check my eyes and was told of my issues.  Two weeks later had surgery with lenses replaced in both eyes, now back to 20/20 vision with no issues.   :tup2  The best part my insurance paid for the surgery.

Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader Img2

Back to top Go down

Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: