Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

between the melted snow and the rain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2012-04-23

between the melted snow and the rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: between the melted snow and the rain   between the melted snow and the rain Empty2018-12-19, 10:43

We need snow but it is not to be. It hasn't been cold enough to set the Bugs back any. Find I'm having to treat my Dogs for Flea and Ticks year round.

Had a Tick put me in the Hospital 5 years ago, still dealing with it.

Getting more like Southern Weather.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
steady eddie

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: between the melted snow and the rain   between the melted snow and the rain Empty2018-12-20, 04:30

me for one am tired of the below zero temps and snow , i welcome some global warming
Back to top Go down
Renegadehunter

Renegadehunter

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2018-10-12

PostSubject: Re: between the melted snow and the rain   between the melted snow and the rain Empty2018-12-20, 07:25

I enjoy all fours seasons and have hobbies for all of them, but the mild temps of spring and fall are far and away my favorite.  I despise...repeat...despise the hot dry weather of summer.  There are lots of fun things to do in summer, but it gets miserable hot and have to always worry about sun burns.  I enjoy Spring a lot, warmer temps and I get out into the woods a lot looking for sheds, seeing all the rubs & scrapes from the whitetail rut, turkey season, bear season, and Brains & Morel mushroom picking.  Fall is elk, deer, and grouse hunting and I love every minute of it.  Winter I snowmobile and do some coyote calling.  I do find that I don't endure the cold near as well as I did in my twenties & thirties.
Winter here has been kind of a bust so far too.  We had one week where temps were down into the teens, but mostly has been in the forties and lots of rain instead of snow.  It is supposed to be into the fifties today.  Perhaps I'll get time to do a little shooting this weekend, have some different patch lube tests I want to run.  I enjoy testing different things even if I already have found things that work well.
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: between the melted snow and the rain   between the melted snow and the rain Empty2018-12-20, 09:04

@strong eagle wrote:
you are in the south, to us.

Funny years ago we thought we would move South get away from the cold so moved to Louisiana get down there lows were in the 20's. Decided if we was going to be cold might as well be cold moved to the mountains of Colorado had 160 inches of snow. Oh back then it cost us $70 for gas to drive from Missouri to the mountains.

Come Summer found I hated the mountains so came back to Missouri.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-11-24

PostSubject: Re: between the melted snow and the rain   between the melted snow and the rain Empty2019-01-07, 15:45

When i was a kid we used to get snow here missed up to 2  weeks of school at a time but not now ,it was 73 here today.
Back to top Go down

between the melted snow and the rain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: