Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Shows over for me, good bye.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3406
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Shows over for me, good bye. Empty
PostSubject: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 9th 2019, 1:59 pm

Last edited by Buck Conner on January 10th 2019, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 9th 2019, 4:30 pm

Not sure what that's about Buck?
Back to top Go down
burlesontom

Male Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2018-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 9th 2019, 6:54 pm

I guess it means Buck's out of a job. So long Buck. Loved your post. May your winds be fair and your sails be full. t up
Back to top Go down
steady eddie

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 10th 2019, 6:44 am

dont leave ,things are turning around
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 10th 2019, 8:06 am

Buck, please come back.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 13th 2019, 11:32 am

Talked to Jonathan guys, postal matches are over for now because of all the issues with everyone printing their own targets and getting different results on the target shot (some weird shaped ones that are hard to score). I have had to use the standard target in some cases and place the holes where the odd original target showed them to keep all target close to the same in a few cases.

I'm wondering if the targets were done as PDF files or as a Word doc if that would help, what do you guys think ....  Rolling Eyes    Dunno  Time to test your ideas on this target that fits on 8.5 X 11 paper?  

Here's the test target, Jonathan may decide he doesn't want to do this and blow this message away.

Shows over for me, good bye. Image
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 13th 2019, 11:46 am

To retrieve this target for your testing do as I and many others do. On your mouse do a right 'click' on the rabbit to either 'save the image' or 'copy the image' (seen on your monitor) to your desk top. Then using the right 'click' again on the mouse - click on 'print'. 

Now make sure it will fit on a piece of 8.5 X 11 piece of standard paper. Pretty simple that sometimes gets messed up by a few.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 13th 2019, 11:59 am

I found some targets to that should work. Animal target seem to be the best rather than bullseye. But maybe thats what we should be using? Seeing the animal, learning the shape and curves and training our eye to automatically pick up the spot where to hit the vitals?
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 13th 2019, 4:49 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
I found some targets to that should work. Animal target seem to be the best rather than bullseye. But maybe thats what we should be using? Seeing the animal, learning the shape and curves and training our eye to automatically pick up the spot where to hit the vitals?

I have always used ones that have the heart, lungs and liver locations on that animal and at different positions help those that hunt and know the location of these items.

If you get to the point of having postal matches again here's something to consider Jon. 

• Under the topic title: Modern Muzzleloaders - make a sticky for these shoots - "Modern Muzzleloaders Postal Matches".
  • Under the topic title: Traditional Muzzleloaders - make a sticky for these shoots - "Traditional Muzzleloaders Postal Matches".

This will make those matches easy to find along with subject topic on NRA/NMLRA National Positions that we have been using.
Under each group should be a place where to send the shot targets to for the current match:  

• emails for each: (1) for Modern Muzzleloaders and the person scoring
  • as well as (1) for Traditional Muzzleloaders and the person scoring.

This would clean up these matches big time, I'm willing to handle the Traditional Matches if no one else ones to do this.

Buck
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 14th 2019, 8:42 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
I found some targets to that should work. Animal target seem to be the best rather than bullseye. But maybe that's what we should be using? Seeing the animal, learning the shape and curves and training our eye to automatically pick up the spot where to hit the vitals?

Use animal targets for the upcoming season for both modern and traditional: 
Jan/Feb - fox or coyote
Mar/Apr - rabbit or bird
May/Jun - turkey or quail
Jul/Aug - squirrel or coons
Sept/Oct - deer or elk
Nov/Dec - bear or = ? think you get the idea for animal targets and their season hunted.

Let's get this put together and try an animal target for the Jan/Feb Frontier Muzzleloader Postal Matches (both modern and traditional). What do you think???  Rolling Eyes    2c

Back to top Go down
Coalforge

Coalforge

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 14th 2019, 7:59 pm

One other thing with the targets.  One range I shoot at has chicken wire that the targets are hung. If you don't back the target with a piece of cardboard or such, the holes can tear out large and ragged.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keystoneironworks.com/
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Shows over for me, good bye.   Shows over for me, good bye. EmptyJanuary 15th 2019, 9:13 am

Use a darker background (card board) than the target really helps when being scored too. With a same color background as the target makes it harder to find the ball hole, then it becomes a guessing game that may hurt your target's score when making a judgement call.  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: