Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Forum Server Fund Donations

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16035
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 4:19 pm

After some chatting with members on here, I decided that if we can help cover this years forum server fees ( $200 - I will personally cover $50 of this ) I will be able to keep the forum up and running for the members to use.

We'll need $150 to cover the rest of the cost for the server and we'll be all set and ready for the year.

Paypal ( Credit cards are accepted under the options as well ) is the best way to do this.

Also, some members PMed me, letting me know that they are available to help me out with the forum while I take a break and heal up more. As I said earlier, sitting at the computer, moderating, answering emails, sending new passwords, it has taken its toll on me with my neck surgery set backs. I just need to lay down and take it easy and ease up the hours of sitting in the chair looking at the screen.

I will be contacting some members about some new Moderator positions I need filled to care for the forum. We all know there's not much trouble on here, mostly moving some posts around here and there and cleaning up some language the old timers use occasionally Laughing  Our " Old Moderators" will also be reinstated once I get  the ranks up and going.

Any amount of donation is welcome. If we exceed the $150 amount needed, it WILL be refunded ASAP.

Jonathan

Note: I will do a count down as donations come in, with the total that still remains.

Amount still needed: $0.00 ***GOAL REACHED!! ***

Last edited by FrontierGander on January 10th 2019, 1:59 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
CoHiCntry
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
CoHiCntry

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2013-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 4:45 pm

This sounds like a good idea having everyone chip in a little.  One suggestion is have a deadline for donations.  Once you see how much is donated then you could refund everyone a certain percentage of their donation if it ends up exceeding the amount needed?  Or even keep it for future fees needed?

Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 4:53 pm

I'd rather just accept whats needed and not a penny more.
Back to top Go down
CoHiCntry
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
CoHiCntry

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2013-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 5:26 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
I'd rather just accept whats needed and not a penny more.

However you see fit. Donation sent!
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 6:07 pm

Donation sent Jon not much needed now. Al

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 6:08 pm

Thank you Chris!

BigAl, Vince, I and the members here thank you as well for your donations!
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 6:17 pm

NP Jon Id really miss the Colonel and Buck. Sometimes a guy needs stress relief and I can pick on Buck cause hes old.

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
LAMtn.West
Forum
Forum

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 7:20 pm

Hi, I haven't been a member, but have followed the web site for the last half year. I used a lot of Jon's building techniques for three BP rifles, as well as buying some suggested tools. Have really enjoyed the forums, and was hoping something would happen to keep them going. So, the best thing to do, was to donate to keep the site on-line.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 8:24 pm

Wayne & Larry, thank you guys both! We are just one $25 donation away and I will be purchasing the credits needed for the forum. :rtup
Back to top Go down
MLHunter

MLHunter

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 8:40 pm

YAY!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com
Fishunt

Fishunt

Male Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2015-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 8:52 pm

Ok, I had not gotten this far but suggested doing this in another thread.

Glenn
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 9th 2019, 9:26 pm

Thank you Glen!

Glen made the final $25 donation and we are all set up and ready for the year.

Now boys, you all know that I have been talking about needing some rest.. I am going to start tonight and take a couple days off.

Thank you again to everyone that has this forums back. Hopefully later this year I will be back up on my feet and working more than I have been.

Donators that I can ID easily, have earned a special badge under their user name.
Back to top Go down
steady eddie

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 10th 2019, 3:00 am

all this happened before I woke up , damn west coast time .
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2038
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 10th 2019, 5:08 am

Jon,  PayPal donation sent.  Use this for your portion!

Semper Fi……..

Last edited by Smokin' Joe on January 11th 2019, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 11th 2019, 9:29 am

Thank you everyone that has spoke up and donated! I bought all the credits needed last night to keep the forum alive and add more stuff to the forum that will be useful to us all. Including turning off those damn ads that pop up for guests and members!

If you donated, please let us know. I'd like to attach a special rank for you guys that donated. I've added some but the paypal names are usually impossible to figure whos who lol.

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Forum
Forum
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 11th 2019, 12:04 pm

Jon
 My donation went through PayPal. Good luck! and thank you members, I benefit from this forum more than most.
God bless:
Stoney

Forum
Forum
mark1945

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2015-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 11th 2019, 1:42 pm

Jonathan
I sent mine in thru Pay Pal also . Hope we can keep running for many years to come!!!!!

Cabelas 58 cal Hawken             Colt Navy 36 cal                     Pietta 1863 Remington pocket rev 31 cal
Pedersoli Kodiak 58 cal             CVA 58 Cal. Mountain Rifle      Classic Arms Co 44 Cal New Orleans Ace
CVA 45 Cal Derringer               TC Renegade 54cal                 Navy Arms Co. Pietta 12 gauge double
Pedersoli 12 gauge double        Traditions Crockett 32 cal        2 Traditions Mountain Rifles 50 cal
Pietta 1851 Conf Navy 44
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3208
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 16th 2019, 4:38 pm

@stoney1 wrote:
Jon
 My donation went through PayPal. Good luck! and thank you members, I benefit from this forum more than most.  God bless:  Stoney

Big Al (the turddddd...)
" Sometimes a guy needs stress relief and I can pick on Buck cause hes old."

Stoney where the heck have you been old friend?   pale  Answer me, did I piss you off ?   pirat

Thanks Al - I need to hang around to pick on you, KC and that little guy from Golden CO.   jocolor

Jonathan, start a fund for donations (like the squirrels do with storing food) when we get a few extra bucks it doesn't matter how much many will send them to you. Hell if "Big (Whats his face) Al" would stop smoking he could afford to send you that extra $20 a week ....  affraid  

Give this some thought and keep your donation link up kid. No one wants this website to go away - period.  :suhlute

I was a moderator for the whole site, when you moved things around now I can do is be a moderator on my own posts? If you want moderators for the different areas of the website make those that are interested in - Example: Modern Muzzleloaders guys could oversee that area along with anything related to that, same for the Traditional related areas (I would be willing to oversee this if you wish).

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 16th 2019, 6:03 pm

Buck, I still have to add some original moderators back along with the new. I have the new ranks set up, just making sure everything looks ok before going through the entire process.
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 17th 2019, 8:49 pm

The talk about site closure took me by surprise. I am thrilled that a way has been found to keep the site going.

I haven't posted much recently as I have been busy with some obligations, but I plan to pick up my participation.
Best Wishes to ALL,
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 18th 2019, 9:04 am

Ron, you have obligations ???  We thought most were owing to you in Golden ???  Come back and talk bud.

Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 18th 2019, 9:47 am

I'm working on some contracts, trying to bring in additional $$ to augment my retirement funds. My wife is going to retire soon and won't be able to support me in the way I would like to become accustomed to. Very Happy
I'll be in South Africa for a few weeks not too far into the future. I never like to specify dates when I will be traveling on the net. Who knows who will be reading that information? Since it will be mostly a working visit,  preparations are demanding significant time. It won't be all work. A friend has a game reserve and I will stay there for a few days. THAT will be fun!
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 18th 2019, 9:54 am

I need to get something to do, being retired is not what it's cracked up to be. !@#$%^  As time goes bye, your talents have been replaced with new systems that do that skill set, bastards .....

Thinking about starting to build some of the primitive kits and other wares like done in the past and opening an on-line store again.  afro  May talk to Jonathan and Stoney about putting up some of their wares for added inventory.

Back to top Go down
stoney1
Forum
Forum
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 18th 2019, 11:18 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
I need to get something to do, being retired is not what it's cracked up to be. !@#$%^  As time goes bye, your talents have been replaced with new systems that do that skill set, bastards .....

Thinking about starting to build some of the primitive kits and other wares like done in the past and opening an on-line store again.  afro  May talk to Jonathan and Stoney about putting up some of their wares for added inventory.
Buck
 GO FOR IT!!!! When you decide to open an online store, I'll be here, just say the word. I have some new items (mostly patch/neck knives) to sell. I've been listing elsewhere. If you need help with something, just ask buddy. I'm here for ya.'
 Yes..retirement SUCKS!!!!! Wish I was still teaching. At least then I felt somewhat worthwhile.
 I miss this site, but I guess it was just time to "move on."
God bless:
Stoney

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Server Fund Donations   January 18th 2019, 1:08 pm

@stoney1 wrote:

Buck
 GO FOR IT!!!! When you decide to open an online store, I'll be here, just say the word. I have some new items (mostly patch/neck knives) to sell. I've been listing elsewhere. If you need help with something, just ask buddy. I'm here for ya.'
 Yes..retirement SUCKS!!!!! Wish I was still teaching. At least then I felt somewhat worthwhile.
 I miss this site, but I guess it was just time to "move on."
God bless:
Stoney

I'm in the process of checking suppliers at this time for what is needed for my kits.  Am working on a new website that we can load your items as well as mind.

We could run this just like I run GRRW Collectors Association (I'm the contact through the website and you are the custom builder). 

Smokin' Joe and any of you other guys that make primitive goods and would like to make some items for sale, get in touch with me.  1641hiverano@gmail.com

You guys can make a few extra bucks with what you make. I can use a new website and email for this idea. Advertise your wares; when someone is interested I'll contact you - from there on its between you and your new found client.  

I will need good clean pictures of your produce and a good descriptions, that's all I need - no products please. No junk - we don't need to start off on the wrong foot, if you need help with a description I can probably help you, lets talk.

What do you think guys???
:Hide

Back to top Go down

Forum Server Fund Donations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: