Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

UMAREX ARX BULLETS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2018-06-08

UMAREX ARX BULLETS Empty
PostSubject: UMAREX ARX BULLETS   UMAREX ARX BULLETS EmptyJanuary 10th 2019, 7:22 am

Fellow members:

I do not know much about these bullets overall. I have worked indirectly with Stephen Lamboy over the years in the firearms and outdoors industry - he is the product representative for Umarex. According to him these bullets have been field tested thoroughly and proven effective in application and design. You'd have to find out for yourself of course.  The greatest turn-off was the price set at $24 per 15 MSRP. Well here is the "good" news. The "large distributor" discount on these is huge. If you can find a Wal-Mart stocking these they will cost you $17 regular price and $11 on sale. That puts them on par with other projectiles sold in 15-packs, among others. If you're in N.C. the Wake Forest and Raleigh-Capitol Blvd. Wal-Mart have these now for $11 per pack. I am told they can be purchased on-line from Wal-Mart for similar pricing.

The trajectory is very similar to a PRB due to being the same weight (about 177 grains). The actual projectile is lead-free and non-expanding. It uses a "skirt" so no lube or patch is required and it will work in a range of bore diameters. The manufacturer recommends a 100 grain load for proper performance.

I have nothing in this other than being the messenger. For $11 per 15 I'd be willing to try them.....

UMAREX ARX BULLETS Umerex
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1546
Registration date : 2012-05-28

UMAREX ARX BULLETS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMAREX ARX BULLETS   UMAREX ARX BULLETS EmptyJanuary 10th 2019, 8:53 am

Don't know anything about those bullets. The Academy and Wal Mart stored stocked those Umarex bullets in September. They soon disappeared from the shelves.

i want to try the Umarex bullets on hogs.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16222
Registration date : 2008-05-19

UMAREX ARX BULLETS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMAREX ARX BULLETS   UMAREX ARX BULLETS EmptyJanuary 10th 2019, 11:23 am

I gave them a try in my 1:48 twist with 80 and 100gr powder, the best I got was a 10 to 11" group. I still have some to shoot and try with a different powder.

Another bad thing.. Non expanding. Not legal in Colorado for use on big game. That will kill a lot of sales in states that share the same rule.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
jzyjack

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-02-23

UMAREX ARX BULLETS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMAREX ARX BULLETS   UMAREX ARX BULLETS EmptyFebruary 23rd 2019, 7:12 pm

found 2 boxes in walmart here in florida on clearance for $2! i bought them both and for that price, i wish that they had more.  i would figure them out at that price.
Back to top Go down

UMAREX ARX BULLETS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Projectiles-
Jump to: