Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty
PostSubject: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-18, 10:21

Yesterday I went over to new mexico to look at my nephews car that he uses for work. A 2002 nissan sentra gxe with the 1.8.  What a freakin turd those nissans are! They have 2 lists of problems, longer than my arms put together. The car gives him problems where it cranks, hits a little, cranks, nothing. Go out the next day and it starts right up, runs like a bat out of hell for a week, then takes a crap and goes back to its ritual of not hitting.

He took the back seat out yesterday and wiggled the wires on the fuel pump and it turned on, did the key again and  the fuel pump wouldnt come on, wiggled the wires and she turns on.

I go up yesterday, wiggle wiggle, zoooom, pump turns on, not a darn hit when cranking it over!

We changed plugged and before turning it over I said,, hold up, let me try something.

I had him pressurize the fuel pump a few  times, then hit the fuel rail pressure valve with a nail and not one drop of fuel came out! The pump was turning on, but not sucking up any fuel. Most likely bypassing internally.

We went and bought a new fuel pump and then removed one fuel line at the pump. The other was a little harder and you guessed it. Got to love plastic  parts! The plastic nipple that the fuel line goes to, pulled straight off Laughing

Not a huge deal right? Just pick up a new fuel pump canister assembly.

Yeah, $250! affraid  

I told the store clerk, hell no! that car isn't worth that much lol.

We went on ebay and picked up the same brand for $50 shipped.

In the end, this was probably the better thing to do as we all know how plastic gets over the years sitting inside of a fuel tank. But damn! $250 VS $50 for the same brand? Sure wish it was a metal set up like my 73 jeep and used actual rubber hoses and Clamps rather than plastic on plastic.
Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! S-l16011
Back to top Go down
CoHiCntry
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
CoHiCntry

Male Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2013-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-18, 10:29

I hear you, parts prices are crazy anymore!  Rockauto.com is another place like eBay where you can usually get cheaper parts than the big box stores. I’ve bought some from amazon too.

FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-18, 10:49

trust me, on these new nissans they are a huge head ache! Sensor problems, ECM problems, fuel pump relays, head gaskets.... I wouldn't own a NEW nissan or buy another one with all the electrical stuff they put in them.

On that truck, maybe some Monroe shocks are in store for it? I put KYB shocks on my jeep and that was like strapping bricks to the suspension lol. My brother used Monroe and that sucker is smooth riding.
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-18, 19:03

Had two '84 Ford Pickups, best Pickups we ever had. Sold both of them  Sad  Now drive a Dodge Ram and a Jeep.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-18, 19:20

That Fuel pump looks familiar Mad Well kinda? My wife just recently had 1 go out in her Chrysler Sebring Car, It happened Directly across the Street from a Local Garage/Mechanic Shop, The Shop Guys just pushed the Car over to it. The Pump was like 250 Bucks, And of course it was inside the Gas Tank, I didn’t even want to Try and tackle it! I did some research on it that Night, There was a YouTube video of a Guy Doing the EXACT same Car/Fuel Pump in like 7 minutes from Start to finish! I ran up the Next morning to Do the Job myself, But they already had her Car inside the Garage, I didn’t even Stop. It was a SUPER SIMPLE Job! The Backseat Lifted out, and you were looking right at the Fuel pump wires, All that needed Done was to Remove the Lock Ring, Lift the old pump out, And replace with the new one. The Garage Charged 160.00 for the Job
Back to top Go down
olecoop

olecoop

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2014-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-19, 07:20

I had the same thing on my 1998 chevy blazer.Store wanted close to $300.00.I bought the same one 0n ebay for $38.00.Buy most of my parts there now.Saved a BUNCH of money.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
olecoop

olecoop

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2014-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-19, 11:47

that makes 2 of us.
Back to top Go down
csitas

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2017-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!   Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices! Empty2019-01-20, 17:37

One thing guys, don't pull a pump out of the tank ,and bench test it right away.
Back to top Go down

Replacing a fuel pump - Auto part prices!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: