Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Anti rust lube containers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16225
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Anti rust lube containers Empty
PostSubject: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 22nd 2019, 4:46 pm

Guys i just want to run this by you but i am looking into using plastic squeeze tubes to fill with my anti rust and patch lube. They will weigh less and I can fit more into the box, plus when you lube patches, you can basically squirt it right onto the patch easily and then rub it in.

The hold up, and I have many emails going out... I can only find 3.4oz vs the regular 4oz containers i normally sell the lube in.

I'd adjust price accordingly due to less product in the container of course.

What do you think about the squeeze tube idea?
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1546
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 22nd 2019, 8:21 pm

Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 22nd 2019, 10:04 pm

I think i would prefer a Squeeze tube, Either way would be just fine :tup2
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2065
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 5:31 am

My question:  is the lube soft enough to "squeeze" ?  My containers of the lube seem too hard for a squeeze tube.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 6:22 am

@Smokin' Joe wrote:
My question:  is the lube soft enough to "squeeze" ?  My containers of the lube seem too hard for a squeeze tube.

Good point here. I had a go around with this back when i first got started in Muzzleloading, My Dad gave me a Bottle of Bore Butter to go with the TC New Englander he gifted me. I found out quickly that Bore Butter is virtually impossible to Get out when it’s Cold, I split the Seam out of the Bottle one day in the Sandpit trying to get it out, What a Mess! Me and Bore Butter Parted Ways after 2, maybe 3 uses.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 10:01 am

Yes it will squeeze through.
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 10:17 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
Yes it will squeeze through.

I was gonna start a new thread about this, but figured i could just ask the Question here? 

Jonathan,  How would you compare your Anti Rust/Patch Lube to Ray’s Gun Wax? I am REALLY impressed with this Ray’s stuff! I would like to use it, or something similar on all of my Rifles, Will your Stuff do as well this Ray’s?
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 10:26 am

No comparison, 2 completely different products. Rays is mostly for gun stocks, but can be used for metal as well. It doesn't harden and will attract dirt when the wind blows, but for rubbing it into a stock, its awesome for that.

My lube doesn't even come close to the ingredients as rays, plus when you apply it in a thin coat and allowed to dry over night, you can come back and it feels like bare metal. No stickiness, no greasiness. In the bore, you don't even have to swab it out prior to loading. Picture below shows the rifle charges on a treated bore with my anti rust & patch lube.
Anti rust lube containers 25487510

Like SMokin Joe said, its a harder lube, but once you start mashing it, it breaks down into an oily substance to penetrate and cover the metal. Once you set it sit over night, it will reharden and leave a fully protected surface.
Anti rust lube containers Img_5510
Anti rust lube containers Img_4610
Anti rust lube containers Img_4611
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 10:36 am

Sounds good! I want some FOR SURE!! Let me know when it’s available?
Back to top Go down
ElkFever

ElkFever

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 10:38 am

Jon, I like the idea, count me in!!
MikeW
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 23rd 2019, 10:38 am

Yeah no problem.

I also found the tin style containers with screw on lids. Size is an issue right now with USPS rating go up big time once more. Just brain storming on how to cut down package size/weight.
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 24th 2019, 7:01 am

Jon, Good Point! I can see Precisely what you mean about this Ray’s attracting Dirt, i have this CVA Mountain Rifle all done up Very Nicely with a thin Coat of Ray’s, The Stock has Absorbed it up Good, But The Barrel Glisten Shines, Like it is Wet. As Dusty Dirty as this Country is, that wouldn’t be a Good thing, It would be a Magnet to Dirt. This North idaho Country is the Worst i have ever seen for Dust, If you get behind somebody on an Old Logging rd in the Dry months, You had better pull off and Wait, or you will be in a Steady Cloud of Dirt, I’ve seen these Skid Rds From Active Logging turn to what we Call “Moon Dust” your foot goes through Several inches of Dust each Step and a “Poooof” it lifts up around ya! UNREAL! I have fell trees up in to these “Moon Dust” Skid Rds so they could get the Logs easy, You fall 1 and get outa Dodge! The Dust will Kill ya! NASTY NASTY STUFF!

Then the Rain finally Comes, Talk about a MUDDY MESS!!
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 4:04 pm

ok so far the tin jars with screw on lids look like the winner so far. I am waiting on dimensions from the manf to figure out if they will fit in my boxes.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Anti rust lube containers   Anti rust lube containers EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 8:57 pm

okay I went with the 3.4oz tins with screw on lids. It didn't make sense to order 5oz tins and not fill them, so I will just adjust the price instead and be able to fill them quicker without having to weigh each one out.
Anti rust lube containers Th10

Also, I am going to be adding the gentle scent of balsam fir to the lube. I don't like heavy scents and this is a very gentle scent that goes well with hunters.

I was going to use butter cream or coco mango scent but I figured Buck might get caught one day rubbing his body down with it..... So... yeah. That changed my mind pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down

Anti rust lube containers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: