Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2019-01-11

Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) Empty
PostSubject: Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)   Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) EmptyJanuary 24th 2019, 7:20 am

My Old Knight MK-85 had the Slotted Head Plug, I bought the Rifle from a Good Friend and it didnít Come with the Slotted BP Tool, I really wanted the Newer Socket (Hex head) Plug. But decided to Play around with another option for my Slotted Head plug, I didnít wanna Pay 40 Bucks for Knightís Slotted Tool, So I made my own. Now i can use a Ratchet on a Slotted Head Breech Plug, Gives you much better Leverage†

This was my Fix, works like a DREAM!†
Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) D3xdRmMl
Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) HGcogxQl

Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) EoQ2krAl

Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) R08KksHl
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)   Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) EmptyJanuary 24th 2019, 7:22 am

After the Tinkering above, i stil ended up Getting a Brand New Hex Head Version Plug, But at least i Have a Tool for either or Now† :tup2
Back to top Go down
yellowlab

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2016-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)   Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) EmptyJanuary 24th 2019, 8:15 am

Great idea. I have a cva with a plunger style ignition and the supplied tool is almost the same size as the plunger, so if I don't remove the trigger assembly†before inserting the tool, it rubs on the trigger release causing unwanted wear. This would solve that and allow me to remove/install the breach plug with or without the nipple installed.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3292
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)   Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 2:27 pm

There goes the Sears warranty program .....† Shocked†† Cool

Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) Img2

Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)   Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 4:27 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
There goes the Sears warranty program .....† Shocked†† Cool

lol!† †Leave it to you Buck! LOL! I bet they would Scratch their head if a Guy layed that Socket on the Counter!!
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3292
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)   Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 9:36 am

Sears use to underline that, have a great tool warranty.† A couple of years ago my 40 year old 3/8 inch ratchet (body in very good shape) started to slip banging your knuckles if not careful. Sears has always advertised their "life time warranty". I go into the tool department show them my problem, they hand be a beat up replacement ratchet.† I asked about why he gave me this instead of a new one?† Policy changed now you get a rebuilt one, I don't think so. I ended up buying a repair kit and rebuilding my own ratchet which was 80% better than what they wanted to trade.† No wonder the store was almost empty and now going down that hill of no return...†† :tdown2

Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made) Img2

Back to top Go down

Slotted Breech Plug Tool (Home Made)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: