Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
trapper50

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2018-10-03

I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel Empty
PostSubject: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 3:22 am

I sold my Optima yesterday & I am saving up the rest to order me the CVA ACCURA V2 Long Range 50 caliber Magnum 
It has the  Bergara 30" barrel  I have been wanting one of these for a while  my wait is just $225 away now does any of you fellas have a Accura let me know 
Back to top Go down
Old Smoke

Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 6:26 am

I have one.  Great shooter.  Soundly whacks everything it shoots at.  Reasonably accurate, too.  

But this one is mine.  You can't have it!
Back to top Go down
QuinnTheEskimo

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2016-05-21

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 9:09 am

I’m going to buy the same rifle but I’m waiting for the .45’s to be available.   I got a thing for .45’s.

Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16149
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 9:34 am

I personally dont like that longer 30" barrel. The V2 has great balance with the shorter 27" barrel, that 30" throws it off IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mobowhntr

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 26th 2019, 7:42 pm

I just got my accura mr yesterday, can't wait to start working up a load for it. I prefer the shorter barrel because most of my hunting ranges are under 75 yards.
Back to top Go down
trapper50

PostSubject: The CVA Accurs LR 30"   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 11:17 pm

Hey fellas I just wanted everyone that I am not posting about this rifle to boast or brag I am just very excited & happy that the Good Lord has made a way for me to have this awesome rifle that Optima was a very nice looking & excellent shooting muzzleloader I would NEVER put any ones rifles down or hunt anyone's feelings in any I like most all black powder   guns & what a person chooses is fine with me
Back to top Go down
sabinajiles

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 28th 2019, 6:03 pm

@mobowhntr wrote:
I just got my accura mr yesterday,  can't wait to start working up a load for it. I prefer the shorter barrel because most of my hunting ranges are under 75 yards.
I think the Accura MR is the best handling, best balanced muzzleloader CVA makes. I also think the longer barrels are muzzle heavy. I personally hate the V2 gooseneck stock and really don't care for the CVA thumbhole stock either. The length of the barrel really has no real effect on range. The longer barrels do not contribute enough MV to make any appreciable difference in MV. 

Here is some data from some tests I did a couple of years ago, shooting identical loads though an Accura MR and Accura V2. 110 gr BH209 was used for all loads. MV is the average of 5 shots. The difference in MV is insignificant and is not a linear increase per inch of barrel.

Hornady .45 300 gn SST with a Harvester short smooth black sabot 1787 fps from the MR, 1790 fps from the V2
CEB .430 250 gn Maximus with a Harvester smooth green sabot 1874 fps from the MR, 1945 fps from the V2
Parker .45 275 gn BE with a Harvester red crush rib sabot 1845 fps from the MR, 1864 fps from the V2
Hornady .430 265 gn FTX with a Harvester smooth green sabot 1864 fps from the MR, 1857 fps from the V2
Hornady .458 250 gn Monoflex with a MMP HPH orange sabot 1868 fps from the MR, 1908 fps from the V2
Back to top Go down
trapper50

PostSubject: Accura Long Range Rifle    I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 30th 2019, 12:50 am

Barrel length  has everthing to do with the velocity you will have. This is why I have always used the longest barrel rifles they give you more velocity and a 26" to 30" are idea for long range quick clean kills please don't get me wrong the 24" barrels will reach out just not like the 26" to 30"barrels can I am not putting down the shorter barrels for me I like the longest barrel on a rifle 26" -30" are my main choices I can't speak for others only me I always use the 3 pellet magnum load in my Optima & I am going to use it in my new Accura when I finally get to order it I just can't afford a chronograph at this point n time but I will get me one later on & I will post my results  here for all  to see
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16149
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 30th 2019, 8:28 am

With the 30" barrel, you'll be lucky to pick up and extra 45 to 75 FPS, all at the same time, making it barrel heavy and harder to hold on target off hand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
trapper50

PostSubject: Accura Long Range   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyJanuary 30th 2019, 5:06 pm

I have always used the long barrels I have gotten used to the little extra weight they have & I will have to Chronograph my Accura & I will use my brother's CVA Wolf and test them and post  the results here it will be in the near future though I am still saving on my Accura I am just $ 228.00 away from ordering it & I can't wait
Back to top Go down
trapper50

PostSubject: Fellas I am Gonna Have To Go With The Optima V2 LR 28" Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyFebruary 21st 2019, 6:10 am

My fella muzzleloader hunters 
I posted here that I was going to buy me the Accura In The 30" model but I am going to have to go with me the Optima V2 LR Thumbhole /Camo /SS I just can't afford the $528 + for the Accura I didn't mean to lead anyone on I have to buy the Optima V2 LR it will be fine sorry fellas I have to buy a new lawn mower & I can't afford them both so I have to choose a cheaper rifle Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3643
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyFebruary 21st 2019, 6:36 am

Trapper50, if there's one thing I definitely learned on this forum is that "cheaper" does not mean less accurate.   Find the right load combo and you will be all set. Wink
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel   I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel EmptyFebruary 22nd 2019, 9:36 am

I agree with Marty.  There's nothing wrong with the Optima.  That thumbhole stock will be very comfortable too.  I think you'll love it!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down

I am Going With a CVA Accura V2 30":Barrel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: