Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

My 2018 Whitetail

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2019-01-11

My 2018 Whitetail  Empty
PostSubject: My 2018 Whitetail    My 2018 Whitetail  EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 4:07 am

What the heck am I doing in this section huh? Smile I’m a Muzzleloader guy! When Deer season rolls around it’s tough for me to not grab my Centerfire. We get 1 Deer Tag. My Dream is a 150” or Better Whitetail buck, i Have seen several of them, Just haven’t closed the deal on 1 of them BIG Guy’s yet. I hunt with my Muzzleloaders as well, But most of my Deer Hunting is with 1 of my Centerfire Rifles

This was a REALLY tough year here, We were covered up in people the entire Season, Lots of Out of State hunters from Wa and Oregon, And i simply wasn’t seeing the Deer Numbers, Nowhere close to Normal. With the Conditions, i was happy to get this Buck. These are the Kind of Bucks you need to let Walk Though!! And i have Several times.

My 2018 Whitetail  COqv8NF
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2019-01-11

My 2018 Whitetail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2018 Whitetail    My 2018 Whitetail  EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 4:10 am

A few more that i have Gotten

My 2018 Whitetail  5d8T7SB
My 2018 Whitetail  FBttqfX
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3776
Registration date : 2009-02-03

My 2018 Whitetail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2018 Whitetail    My 2018 Whitetail  EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 8:19 am

Nothing wrong with grabbing the centerfires Idaholewis.  Nice bucks!  I've shot far more deer with my centerfires than with smokers.    
After years Rolling Eyes of hunting all I ever wanted bounce was a 140's plus class whitetail.   All you need to do is keep hunting with perseverance.  You have many hunting seasons ahead of you and with the way you shoot on the range... it's just a matter of time.  After four decades of hunting I finally closed on my deal.** 

Your post here reminds me of a discussion topic I wanted to start a little while back on the classic five Stages of Hunting.  Sounds like you are in the Trophy Stage.   I'd really like to hear from others on this topic so maybe Ill put something together.  scratch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** p.s.    https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t488-story-behind-my-powerbelt-buck?highlight=story+behind+my+trophy+buck#2630

Last edited by Marty on January 27th 2019, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CoHiCntry
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
CoHiCntry

Male Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2013-10-01

My 2018 Whitetail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2018 Whitetail    My 2018 Whitetail  EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 2:48 pm

I frequently reach for the centerfire too... I hunt a lot and hunt with bow, rifle and muzzleloader.  The actual hunting is more important to me than the weapon used.  I try to hunt several seasons and a few different species every year.  I spread that out by hunting different weapon seasons.

This year I hunted rifle elk, rifle bear, rifle antelope and had one muzzleloader doe antelope tag.  I filled all those tags except what should have been the easiest tag to fill... the doe antelope muzzleloader tag!  I botched the one shot I had.

I don't know much about whitetails.  We don't have them here in the mountains where I hunt.  They are mostly east on the plains.  I've only killed one whitetail buck with a rifle in North Dakota about 10 years ago.  But those last couple bucks in your pics look pretty decent to me!

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2015-10-28

My 2018 Whitetail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2018 Whitetail    My 2018 Whitetail  EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 4:23 pm

I like all the boom sticks. Very Happy

Very Nice deer!

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2012-05-28

My 2018 Whitetail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2018 Whitetail    My 2018 Whitetail  EmptyJanuary 28th 2019, 6:30 am

Congrats on the nice bucks.

In 2018 i killed my limit of seven Oklahoma deer, two bucks and five does. Six were killed with muzzleloaders, one with a .308 Winchester.

The only deer requiring a second shot was the doe shot with the .308 Winchester.
Back to top Go down

My 2018 Whitetail
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: