Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Muzzleloader Doe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2019-01-11

Muzzleloader Doe Empty
PostSubject: Muzzleloader Doe   Muzzleloader Doe EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 4:23 am

I drew an Extra Deer (Whitetail Doe) Tag in 2017 I believe this was? I filled the Tag the First day with my Muzzleloader. This was my .50 Cal Stainless Green Mountain LRH Barrel, The Bullet i chose on this Hunt was 1 of my MANY Custom Paper Patch Bullets. 

Muzzleloader Doe BK2cvD3l

Bullet on the Far Left
Muzzleloader Doe R4gBkEgl
Patched up
Muzzleloader Doe RpFUTSIl
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Muzzleloader Doe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzleloader Doe   Muzzleloader Doe EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 11:46 am

Around here for years we could kill all the Antlerless Deer we wanted I killed several with my 54Cal. Sidelock Patch and Ball.

Looks like Good eating.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
CoHiCntry
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
CoHiCntry

Male Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Muzzleloader Doe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzleloader Doe   Muzzleloader Doe EmptyJanuary 27th 2019, 2:27 pm

I was just thinking... I don't believe I've ever shot a doe muledeer?  Out of all the big game animals I hunt mule deer are my least favorite eating animal.  It's usually a decent buck or I eat the tag... unless the freezers getting low on meat!  Whitetails on the other hand are a different story.  The one's I've gotten to eat were pretty darn good.  Wish we had a few here in the mountains.

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2019-01-11

Muzzleloader Doe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzleloader Doe   Muzzleloader Doe EmptyJanuary 28th 2019, 5:54 am

@CoHiCntry wrote:
I was just thinking... I don't believe I've ever shot a doe muledeer?  Out of all the big game animals I hunt mule deer are my least favorite eating animal.  It's usually a decent buck or I eat the tag... unless the freezers getting low on meat!  Whitetails on the other hand are a different story.  The one's I've gotten to eat were pretty darn good.  Wish we had a few here in the mountains.

This was a Whitetail Doe ONLY Tag, They had given out like 900 Tags and i drew 1 of them. I Decided to fill it with my Muzzleloader. I am not a Big Fan of Shooting Does, in fact i have only done it a Couple of times in my Life. Since i had drew the Tag, And these things are REALLY good eating, I filled the Tag Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Muzzleloader Doe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzleloader Doe   Muzzleloader Doe EmptyJanuary 28th 2019, 6:42 am

Lots of people I know in Colorado would kill Mule deer in the Spring because they were better eating then. Had an Elk Stolen off us by the processor many years ago after that my wife did all of it.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3643
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Muzzleloader Doe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muzzleloader Doe   Muzzleloader Doe EmptyJanuary 29th 2019, 8:37 am

cheersMuzzleloader Doe DIYUOdp cheers

Nice doe!
Back to top Go down

Muzzleloader Doe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: