Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Goex vs Swiss...etc

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Goex vs Swiss...etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goex vs Swiss...etc   Goex vs Swiss...etc - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 8th 2019, 2:31 pm

Swiss throws those sparks out the end as well.
Goex vs Swiss...etc - Page 2 15065510
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Goex vs Swiss...etc   Goex vs Swiss...etc - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 8th 2019, 5:06 pm

COOL PHOTO!! It makes sense that it would have to, at least to some degree, But it sure isn’t noticeable in Daylight like Goex is. I wouldn’t shoot any of it in a Dry field without a fire truck handy lol!

The thing that REALLY got me Started watching for it was after my Dad had Shot over that fresh Snow with his 100 Volume Grains of Goex 2F, I was AMAZED at the Trail of Debris it left on the Snow, Where my Swiss loads left NOTHING on the Snow, at least that we could see? Even the 80 Grains of Swiss in the 10” Pistol barrel shot over the fresh Snow, there was no Debris detectable?

This would be a really good time to go out and play over fresh Snow with different Powders, we are getting snowed on now
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Goex vs Swiss...etc   Goex vs Swiss...etc - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 8th 2019, 5:17 pm

When i bought this Can of Goex Olde E 2F, i compared it visually to Swiss 2F, This Olde E looks nearly identical to me. I Definitely plan to shoot more of this Olde E coming up, My 1 and only test with Olde E isn’t exactly fair, It might require a little Less, or maybe more of it? More compression? I will definitely play around with it more coming up.

I’m ready for Spring  :tup2
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3393
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Goex vs Swiss...etc   Goex vs Swiss...etc - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 5:20 pm

Where's the test results Lewis, we are waiting for those results. 
If you don't mine could you try for less smoke as the critters don't like it ...  affraid   lol!

See ya bud ... :wowold Pete relieving himself, sorry.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10330
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Goex vs Swiss...etc   Goex vs Swiss...etc - Page 2 EmptyMarch 10th 2019, 8:50 am

I called up Goex when OE first came out. We had a pretty good talk about it. He said their goal was to match Swiss powder. He admitted they got close but couldn't quite match it.

So, any test showing otherwise isn't accurate.
Back to top Go down

Goex vs Swiss...etc
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Powder Room-
Jump to: