Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16111
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try Empty
PostSubject: Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try   Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try EmptyFebruary 4th 2019, 11:43 pm

Picked these up today at the sportsmans warehouse for a whopping $16! 300gr .452 Speer Gold Dot. They are supposed to be a great hunting bullet and retain their weight. I want them for cheap target shooting but if I ever get to hunt out of state, I may give them a shot or 3.
Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try 51417410
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try   Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try EmptyFebruary 5th 2019, 6:31 am

Lot of Law enforcement carry ammo has that bullet in it. I use to shoot those in a S&W M&P .40 Cal Pistol, They shot really Good, and the Bullet held up/performed Awesome! I felt they were very comparable performance wise to the Hornady XTPs which i have shot a BUNCH of over the years in .44 Magnum.†

One that i hear quite a bit of talk about, and are spoken highly of on MM is the Speer Deep Curls. I never did test any of those? I donít even remember seeing the Speer Deep Curl Reloading Bullets on Shelves back in my Pistol Reloading Days?†

What are you planning to shoot these in?
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try   Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try EmptyFebruary 5th 2019, 10:16 am

1:28 Winchester X-150
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try   Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try EmptyFebruary 5th 2019, 12:29 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
1:28 Winchester X-150

Does this look like an X-150? I Cannot remember exactly what this Gun was? I know it was a Winchester, I remember it was REALLY Nice, like new, mint condition, had never been hunted with, The Guy brought it by for me to take it apart and Clean it, basically look it over? What you see in the Reciever by the Breech plug is Grease. He wanted to sell it.†

I took a pic of the Trigger Group, I donít have anymore pics of the Gun? Is this Rifle worth 200 Bucks, in Like new condition?
Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try 58DO45u
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try   Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try EmptyFebruary 5th 2019, 12:33 pm

yep thats it!

I think its well worth the $200 for never been hunted with condition.
Back to top Go down
dbowling

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try   Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try EmptyFebruary 10th 2019, 7:51 pm

My Knight Master Hunter .50 shoots them into a inch or less at 106 yds shooting off the hood of my truck using just a foam cushion.
Back to top Go down

Speer Gold Dot - New bullets to try
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Projectiles-
Jump to: