Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Traditions Vortek Breech Plug

Go down 
AuthorMessage
redear

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2016-12-12

Traditions Vortek Breech Plug Empty
PostSubject: Traditions Vortek Breech Plug   Traditions Vortek Breech Plug EmptyFebruary 5th 2019, 7:03 pm

Does traditions make a breech plug specifically for blackhorn 209 to fit the vortek muzzleloader?  I have a friend that was having ignition problems this past season with blackhorn powder, it cost him a monster buck. His rifle has a breech plug that looks like it was made for pelleted propellant, I told him he needed a different breech plug similar to CVA's breech plug for granulated powder, however upon searching the net, I was unable to locate such a plug for this rifle. I am sure some of you here can answer this question. He also had significant carbon buildup around the primer pocket etc. I told him we need to remedy this also. He was using CCI magnum primers. Anyway, I want him to start with the correct breech plug first before I start working on his primer blow by.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16272
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Vortek Breech Plug   Traditions Vortek Breech Plug EmptyFebruary 5th 2019, 9:31 pm

It's the primer blowby. Set him up with the metric o ring for the primer pocket and these issues will go away. Even the factory cha plug will work as long as you o ring it.
Back to top Go down
redear

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Vortek Breech Plug   Traditions Vortek Breech Plug EmptyFebruary 6th 2019, 4:46 am

thanks Frontier gander, I do have a pack of those things around here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16272
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Vortek Breech Plug   Traditions Vortek Breech Plug EmptyFebruary 6th 2019, 11:02 am

Make sure he's been cleaning the flash channel out with the 1/8 drill bit to!
Back to top Go down
redear

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Vortek Breech Plug   Traditions Vortek Breech Plug EmptyFebruary 6th 2019, 5:36 pm

Ok, thanks! I found my O rings too.
Back to top Go down

Traditions Vortek Breech Plug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: