Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader

Go down 
AuthorMessage
g8trdad

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-01-27

Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader Empty
PostSubject: Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader   Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader EmptyFebruary 7th 2019, 4:56 pm

Just got this gun for Christmas and I have read a lot about different ammunition. I will be hunting deer and hogs. I believe most of the time I will be about a 100 yds away, but there are some areas that are up to 200 yds away. I really don't want to use loose powder if I can help it. 
I know there is a lot of ammunition to choose from, but I'm looking for accuracy.
Can anyone help me out with  this request?
Back to top Go down
g8trdad

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader   Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader EmptyFebruary 18th 2019, 4:20 pm

Can anyone help me with my question?
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16111
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader   Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader EmptyFebruary 18th 2019, 4:26 pm

Optima V2, I'd give the 250gr Hornady SST a try. If you want something easy, triple 7 pellets or imr whitehots will get you started. I do highly suggest you swab the bore clean between each shot however.

If you can get blackhorn209, along with the breech plug, 100gr Blackhorm209, and the same bullet above. The 300gr hornady xtp is a great bullet as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com

Best Ammunition for Optima V2 Muzzleloader
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: