Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Saw my first swivel breech percussion...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3729
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Saw my first swivel breech percussion... Empty
PostSubject: Saw my first swivel breech percussion...   Saw my first swivel breech percussion... EmptyFebruary 16th 2019, 9:35 am

The other day I saw a Cool left-handed, Leonard Day .54 caliber swivel breech percussion rifle for sale.  Never saw one before.  If was pricy but beautiful. Does anyone know if there are any restrictions to hunt with one during most traditional firearm seasons Question

Last edited by Marty on February 17th 2019, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp.)
Back to top Go down
Stubert

Stubert

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2019-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Saw my first swivel breech percussion...   Saw my first swivel breech percussion... EmptyFebruary 19th 2019, 10:45 am

In New York, they are not legal. Neither is a double barrel shotgun during muzzle loader season. Law says single shot, firing a single projectile.

Last edited by Stubert on February 19th 2019, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Saw my first swivel breech percussion...   Saw my first swivel breech percussion... EmptyFebruary 19th 2019, 11:21 am

Thanks Stubert for the information on New York.  Interesting...

-------------------------------------------------
p.s. BTW...Welcome to the forum!  What smoker is hanging in your AVATAR Question   
Back to top Go down
Stubert

Stubert

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2019-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Saw my first swivel breech percussion...   Saw my first swivel breech percussion... EmptyFebruary 19th 2019, 12:15 pm

Let me add, that during the regular fire arms season, You can use double barrels, or a swivel breach, or a black powder pistol or revolver. In my above post, I forgot to mention the restrictions are for the muzzle loading season only.  That is a flinter fullstock I got used at a gun show about 15 yrs. ago. It is a .62 cal. 1-70 twist, with a coned barrel. L&R lock and trigger, Sharon barrel. Seller said it was a Track of Wolf kit.  Paid $400.00 and it came with a Lyman .610 mold with handles.
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Saw my first swivel breech percussion...   Saw my first swivel breech percussion... EmptyFebruary 19th 2019, 12:44 pm

Thanks for the added information Stubert.  I already assumed your reply did not apply to the "regular" firearms seasonRegular firearms seasons in many states are far more flexible in what you are able to legally take big game with.  Hunting regulations seem to always allow one to hunt as primitive as you desire.

-----------------------------
:shh Though legal , I've actually toted a recurve bow once during muzzleloader season!
Back to top Go down
azal

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2018-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Saw my first swivel breech percussion...   Saw my first swivel breech percussion... EmptyFebruary 20th 2019, 3:01 pm

Arizona is the  same as NY. Single Barrel only during ML Season.
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Saw my first swivel breech percussion...   Saw my first swivel breech percussion... EmptyFebruary 20th 2019, 5:51 pm

Thanks azal .
Back to top Go down

Saw my first swivel breech percussion...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: